Changes for 2015 model?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is about 4 grand difference in buying a 2015 instead of a 2014, that would take a lot of goodies for me to swallow that, check here.

I've been thinking about upgrading my reg can to a quad. I'm still chapped that these transmissions suck though.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My 2010 has been so damn perfect, I'm afraid to trade it in... 94,000 km's and I'm just about to finally change out the factory brakes... Oh, and I put new tires on it 2 years ago... Other than that, gas and oil changes... ****, I'll never get another truck as good as this one...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is about 4 grand difference in buying a 2015 instead of a 2014, that would take a lot of goodies for me to swallow that, check here.

I've been thinking about upgrading my reg can to a quad. I'm still chapped that these transmissions suck though.

If I were you.. and I was going to buy a new truck.. I would go to 3 places..
1) dave smith Idaho
2) Dennis Dillion Idaho
3) the ram dealership in Salt Lake City Utah.. can't remember their name..

all three of these places sell trucks for 7-10k back of Msrp all day long.. I spent months searching for the right deal.. I was about to go to Dennis Dillion but I found what I wanted close for the same price. Some people will say "well I have to drive 8 or even 16 hours to get it and I only save 3k or 2,500 or hell 1,500". So if u are budgeted to pay sticker price.. all that savings can now roll into aftermarket goodies!!! and even 1,000 buys some nice stuff. I would gladly drive 8 hours to save 1k. Best thing u can do is shop around.. and save some money and buy some parts :)

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Umm, I hope not!!

Isn't there a redesign planned for 2017? or refresh whatever you want to call it.

I thought I read a redesign for the 2018 model year... which would be out in 2017...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I've heard like 50/50 on that and still most trucks coming off the line have the 6 speed, which I hate. Maybe the 15 will have more 8 speeds and I will wait to end of summer when the price drops.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'd be getting a Sport model and I'm pretty sure they only come equipped with the 8 speed...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yeah, I couldn't remember the year.

Which means no chance of getting in one until the 2019 model year... I never get that first year for a new design... newp

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing that sucks about my 2012 is that it's a quad cab. Other than that, I love it, and I'm definitely holding out until the next redesign....then see what happens. I'm curious to see when they will release the new tailgates that I heard Rumors about.

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Only thing that sucks about my 2012 is that it's a quad cab. Other than that, I love it, and I'm definitely holding out until the next redesign....then see what happens. I'm curious to see when they will release the new tailgates that I heard Rumors about.

I can't see me holding on to my 2010 for another 4 years... I'll have to get another one in the mean time to fill the gap...

1st World problems... lol

MaineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump! A new year and no info that I've seen yet. I usually cycle vehicles quite frequently, almost too quickly. I've have my 2012 for almost 3 years and Im getting the itch again. Can't justify it unless its some big changes.

OzCop

Reaction score
Highland Village, TX...north of Dallas about 28 mi
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Ecodiesel
Engine
Ecodiesel
I was told the 2017 model will have a re-design, but it won't be massive in terms of overall design...of course, your 40K priced truck will be 50K by then, and they will add more "stuff" through the wonders of electronics...

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told the 2017 model will have a re-design, but it won't be massive in terms of overall design...of course, your 40K priced truck will be 50K by then, and they will add more "stuff" through the wonders of electronics...

I'd be happy if they just make all the current stuff work better…...

KB Sabre

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There were no real changes between the '14 and '15s. My Father has a 14 Laramie and I have the '15. The only tiny difference I could find was when it's cold out. In the 2015 you can choose to have the heated steering wheel and seat come on automatically at start, not come on at start, or remote start only. The 2014 didn't have the option to come on at "remote start only".

I received mine through a Fleet service so the price was about the same as a heavily discounted 2014. The fleet manager initially thought there was going to be a 3% increase between the 14s and 15s, and possibly a minor refresh (this was last fall before they came out). But Ram must have altered its plan and only boosted the new ones a couple hundred from what I understood.

It makes sense since Ram said it's upping their production of the 2015 this year to keep up with demand. Why refresh when their sales picked up more than the competition.. right?

Maybe they delayed that minor refresh until this upcoming year. Although it must be really minor if there is a major update due in 2017 (for the 2018 model year). Upcoming Dodge, Ram, and Jeep trucks and SUVs

nemesis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
EcoDiesel
There were no real changes between the '14 and '15s. My Father has a 14 Laramie and I have the '15. The only tiny difference I could find was when it's cold out. In the 2015 you can choose to have the heated steering wheel and seat come on automatically at start, not come on at start, or remote start only. The 2014 didn't have the option to come on at "remote start only".

I received mine through a Fleet service so the price was about the same as a heavily discounted 2014. The fleet manager initially thought there was going to be a 3% increase between the 14s and 15s, and possibly a minor refresh (this was last fall before they came out). But Ram must have altered its plan and only boosted the new ones a couple hundred from what I understood.

It makes sense since Ram said it's upping their production of the 2015 this year to keep up with demand. Why refresh when their sales picked up more than the competition.. right?

Maybe they delayed that minor refresh until this upcoming year. Although it must be really minor if there is a major update due in 2017 (for the 2018 model year). Upcoming Dodge, Ram, and Jeep trucks and SUVs

I think your mistaken.
My 2014 Laramie, the heated seat and steering wheel comes on automatically via push button start, or remote start, as you described with the '15.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yes same with mine ^

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think your mistaken.
My 2014 Laramie, the heated seat and steering wheel comes on automatically via push button start, or remote start, as you described with the '15.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

so does my 2014 sport...

OP
OP
Selcher

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
... and I still can't find any information about changes to the 2016 model