Chris's 6.4 Hemi Stroker Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Lol. Nice bro [emoji106]. You starting to get antsy yet? Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I’m gonna be honest and say no lol. Yes I am excited to get it going, but I’m really pushing myself to take my time and do whatever it takes to make sure it’s right. I can get in a hurry when I’m excited and slip up. I’m gonna send the heads back to my machine shop and he’s gonna check all the valve seats. Last thing I want is a valve seat dropping and taking out my new motor [emoji33]
Nick hooked me up really good tonight and he’s shipping me ARP head studs and balancer bolt. It’s amazing how many little things should be upgraded when you build a performance motor. I really want to throw a bigger cam in while I’m at it but it’s simply gonna have to wait at this point. Oh well

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
We go those too brother. Autometer makes a few options for your truck.

Chris also has some stout hardware inbound!:naughty:

Cant wait to see this thing buttoned up. let us know what else you need to get her finished.

Thanks again Nick [emoji1303] I’m hoping I should be good with parts now, the head studs were the last thing I wanted to upgrade. I’ll hit you up if something pops up though

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m gonna be honest and say no lol. Yes I am excited to get it going, but I’m really pushing myself to take my time and do whatever it takes to make sure it’s right. I can get in a hurry when I’m excited and slip up. I’m gonna send the heads back to my machine shop and he’s gonna check all the valve seats. Last thing I want is a valve seat dropping and taking out my new motor [emoji33]
Nick hooked me up really good tonight and he’s shipping me ARP head studs and balancer bolt. It’s amazing how many little things should be upgraded when you build a performance motor. I really want to throw a bigger cam in while I’m at it but it’s simply gonna have to wait at this point. Oh well

Thanks again Nick [emoji1303] I’m hoping I should be good with parts now, the head studs were the last thing I wanted to upgrade. I’ll hit you up if something pops up though

Good call on taking your time and making sure its right. The machine shop is one of those necessary costs when building a motor. you could use the best parts available but skipping out on having a machinist going over things can ruin all the hard work and money put into a build. The little things like quality hardware is another thing not to skimp on. I know the items can snowball and add up but again its a small item that can make a big difference. Looks like you got it all covered and this should be a strong motor when its all wrapped up. Good work!

Your welcome, its a pleasure to be a part of a great build even tho its a tiny part.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I need some ideas for brand sticker location. I don’t want them on my back window, trying to stay away from the ricer look haha. Any other ideas? I’m thinking maybe under the hood, if I had a nice flat place to put them all. I want to try to cover any brands I have used so far, comp, Manley, mopar, Got Exhaust, ARP, Summit, Moe’s and several others.

Oh BTW, this should show how much oil blow by I had 9da9a52c574ab74584a35db5a3290bb2.jpg
At this point I’m thinking the issues came from not overboring the block and installing larger pistons the first time. Classic example of going to fast and not sending stuff to the machine shop. Oh well, least I got the stroker I wanted in the first place haha splitting the cost of Parts between between two builds made it alittle easier, since I already installed upgraded timing gear, cam, valve train and oil pump. Glad I didn’t have to have all that on my list this time around

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We go those too brother. Autometer makes a few options for your truck.

Chris also has some stout hardware inbound!:naughty:

Cant wait to see this thing buttoned up. let us know what else you need to get her finished.
I will remember this when the time comes! [emoji41]

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
You wanna go bigger on cam? Go 268/Hellfire and then do every supporting mod geared for low end torque that you can. Re-tune for a 7k redline, 6800 shift point, 5k-5500 limit in neutral/park. Makes full use of the new cam, and the supporting mods help with what minimal low-end loss the 268/hellfire has over the 260/sidewinder.

That's what I'm hoping to do to mine, haha.

Or to an SCRB if I get a second truck. Still don't know if I should, could, or will convert the QC, or do the whole custom 5'7" bed thing. Still waiting for someone to photoshop me up a QC with the 5'7" bed that's 3/5 dropped on SRT 22's. 4g or 3g doesn't matter. Though, obviously it would be easier on a 4g since there never was a 5'7" bed for the 3g ram.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gotta ask out of curiosity now lol..... what beast replaces the truck while it's being beefed up lol.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I gotta ask out of curiosity now lol..... what beast replaces the truck while it's being beefed up lol.

Haha I’m borrowing my nieces little vw, I don’t even know the model it’s a nice little grocery getter with 200,000 on the meter, she doesn’t have her license yet so it was sitting at my sister in laws house doing nothing haha. It worked out great, free loaner car for a few weeks. I’ll probably put in a new radio for her when I’m done as a thank you

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha I’m borrowing my nieces little vw, I don’t even know the model it’s a nice little grocery getting with 200,000 on the meter, she doesn’t have her license yet so it was sitting at my sister in laws house doing nothing haha. It worked out great, free loaner car for a few weeks. I’ll probably put in a new radio for her when I’m done as a thank you
Lol NICE! Ahh what a guy, a new radio would be a nice surprise I would imagine!

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You wanna go bigger on cam? Go 268/Hellfire and then do every supporting mod geared for low end torque that you can. Re-tune for a 7k redline, 6800 shift point, 5k-5500 limit in neutral/park. Makes full use of the new cam, and the supporting mods help with what minimal low-end loss the 268/hellfire has over the 260/sidewinder.

268 isn’t really a good cam for a heavy quad cab, that’s why I went with the 260 initially. I’m probably going to go with a custom grind cam specifically for a stroker from Inertia or possibly Jay Greene, don’t know yet. Gotta figure out if I want to stay N/A with a big cam or boost it eventually, which I would want a blower cam grind. Pretty much depends on money and life situation in a few years. We will see

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
268 isn’t really a good cam for a heavy quad cab, that’s why I went with the 260 initially. I’m probably going to go with a custom grind cam specifically for a stroker from Inertia or possibly Jay Greene, don’t know yet. Gotta figure out if I want to stay N/A with a big cam or boost it eventually, which I would want a blower cam grind. Pretty much depends on money and life situation in a few years. We will see

How much heavier IS a QC compared to an SC, really? And, seriously, I've looked at the dyno numbers, there's not an enormous difference between the two down low, and up high, the 268 starts to open up where the 260 falls short. It really seems like the 260 was designed for a tow rig or offroad, and the 268 was designed for everything else....

And I READ that shorty headers supplemented torque{as opposed to LT's supporting HP and the high end]. As did an H-pipe, and a couple other things I forgot about. What I'm figuring is that going with a 268 and making the supporting mods SUPPORT the [minimal, on paper] loss down low compared to the 260 will even everything out, and you'll just end up with more power and a wider powerband.

That's the theory, anyway...

EDIT:: Looked it up, and the QC's minimum and maximum curb weight ranges are 300# higher than the SC's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
How much heavier IS a QC compared to an SC, really? And, seriously, I've looked at the dyno numbers, there's not an enormous difference between the two down low, and up high, the 268 starts to open up where the 260 falls short. It really seems like the 260 was designed for a tow rig or offroad, and the 268 was designed for everything else....

And I READ that shorty headers supplemented torque{as opposed to LT's supporting HP and the high end]. As did an H-pipe, and a couple other things I forgot about. What I'm figuring is that going with a 268 and making the supporting mods SUPPORT the [minimal, on paper] loss down low compared to the 260 will even everything out, and you'll just end up with more power and a wider powerband.

That's the theory, anyway...

Between 400-700lbs depending on actual size and drive configuration. 4wd alone adds 300lbs and probably a good bit of extra drag on the engine

Last edited:

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Between 400-700lbs depending on actual size and drive configuration

Just googling the models gave me weight ranges for each type.

{{Notice how there's no distinction for bed size, just cab size, so these weight ranges include going to a long/work/duty bed truck.}}

2017 RAM 1500 Regular Cab/Curb weight = 4,517-5,054 pounds
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab/Curb weight = 4,877-5,449 pounds

So more like 300-400 pounds similarly equipped. I'm still doubting that's enough to claim the 268 isn't good for a QC, even on paper, but, then again, you're running one of the heavier variants with the 4wd setup. And you have it kitted with a toolbox and such, so yeah.

All this is making me want an SCRB even more, now..... Should I pull a whole one from LQK or another source and swap over all the functioning bits from my truck?

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This is a better chart to get some ratings for. It’s for an 03/3rd gen trucks and hives better specifics for each model and setup.
8f4e54b60dcb9e93b5c28b22f7e10c98.jpg

And anyways, if I’m swapping cams I’m going way bigger then a 268, it’s barely bigger then what I have now. I’ll be good with a custom grind
I’ll be honest I wish I had a small single cab, I’ve thought alot about buying a single cab beater and swapping the fun goodies over from my truck. But practicality sets in, quad cab is just better overall for me. But if it’s something you want, go for it. Makes a fun project.

Last edited:

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
This is a better chart to get some ratings for. It’s for an 03/3rd gen trucks and hives better specifics for each model and setup.
8f4e54b60dcb9e93b5c28b22f7e10c98.jpg

And anyways, if I’m swapping cams I’m going way bigger then a 268, it’s barely bigger then what I have now. I’ll be good with a custom grind
I’ll be honest I wish I had a small single cab, I’ve thought alot about buying a single cab beater and swapping the fun goodies over from my truck. But practicality sets in, quad cab is just better overall for me. But if it’s something you want, go for it. Makes a fun project.

Been looking for something like this. Google was useless, really.

And I would... I kinda want to... But my truck is my only truck. It wants some maintenance coming up. And I have to haul 2 nieces around occasionally, sometimes a nephew, too. Three people daily, two every night, and 3-5 once every other week, at least. So far only one of those people that I know of is okay sitting in the bed. {{All including me, the driver, counted towards total occupancy.}}

I could install bolted down seats with seatbelts in the bed of an SC, but I highly doubt the nieces would be allowed there, even then.

**Sigh** Sometimes I want to be selfish. And in some things you kinda have to be. But I also want to compromise, hence my idea of shortening a QC's wheelbase and frame with the 5'7" bed.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Finished painting the manifold, now I’ll have to change over all the parts from the old one on, and put the new injectors in
51c1b6052b9ba63f8580e0854cf450c8.jpg
5b235e664eba62b31283d1400f4dcb91.jpg

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Finished painting the manifold, now I’ll have to change over all the parts from the old one on, and put the new injectors in
51c1b6052b9ba63f8580e0854cf450c8.jpg
5b235e664eba62b31283d1400f4dcb91.jpg
Looks damn good. But I think I would've painted the part the tb goes on, too. At least. Imo, I'd paint the whole thing, but idk how much of a hassle that would actually be since I don't have the thing i front of me and being worked on.

Sent from my magic 5-inch