Corrosion warranty on steps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went to look at a pair oem ram running boards off of Craigslist. One of the boards had a decent amount of corrosion next to the black rubber step. This surprised me and I thought it would have been covered under his warranty. I passed on it but told him to take them back to his dealer. They came off a 2012. I'd be livid if that was mine. My 05 F150 stainless/chrome OEM steps held up great. Only rust that ever showed was on the black painted bracket.

Just wondering if you think that would be covered?

OP
OP
K

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess no one lives in a snowy salt ridden area of the country. :(

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Mine didn't corrode at all and they were on for 2 winters up here in Canada!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I'd think probably not, would be attributed to normal wear and tear or failure to maintain. I seem to remember reading something in one of the dozen booklets I got about washing the truck more often in areas where salt was used.

MPG LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe it depends how bad it got. Had a 2009 nissan murano that had pitting on all four center cap areas on the wheels. Only a year old at the time. Nissan bought four new wheels and caps for us. Turned out to be a defective batch of wheels.

Point being maybe the boards he had were chromed improperly and the dealer may feel the same way. It's worth a shot. May just be worth it to get them from him cheap and try the warranty...if no luck, powder coat them. Couldn't be more than 2-300 for both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk