Crazy Idea? Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
So I have this crazy idea in my head and wanted to see if anyone has done it/knows if it's possible.

I have access to a nice 15" sub for a very cheap price. I understand it needs quite a bit of space to properly sound good. Would it be possible to remove my rear bench seat and bolt in 2 single front seats from another Ram and then have a box made to fit the 15" sub in the middle of the 2 seats, making it like a center console.

I know anything is possible with the right amount of $$$ so I'm just curious if this is possible without breaking the bank.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Depends upon how much the front seats are gonna cost and who builds the box for you. Just make sure to get an amp that can handle the power requirements of that sub, and be prepared for vigorous kidney massaging when the whole thing is done.

OP
OP
Gecko

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
The amp and the kidney massaging are easy. I've heard this sub plenty of times and it sounds good lol.

I guess if I could get some used front seats from another Ram I might be able to get those for a decent price. I know the box is going to be expensive. I guess it's just a matter of if I'm willing to spend the necessary money haha

jbaker72157

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know that using two ram front seats would give you the room needed. I have bucket seats in my ram and the center console, I know that's not wide enough to fit a 15" sub and box there. I think the front buckets may be too deep to fit as well.

You may be cheaper to get a donor rear seat bottom section, cut out a center section big enough to fit the box, then build support brackets to hold the inside edge up the seat up.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I think your biggest problem is going to be mounting the front seats. The rams have the storage under the rear seat witch would be hard to mount a seat over it. To fit the 15 you might Be able to mount it in front of the rear center seat. There might be room there.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^^ what he said. there will surely be some extensive modification to the brackets on the bottom of the seat. that would be the most difficult part of it all.

The enclosure itself would be the easy part. Price?... you plan on doing the work or what? im sure most local shops will charge out the ass for something like this. Id do it for $300 but im not a pro, just a dude who likes to fk around in the garage lol.

highteckredneck1956

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when you change seats you take on the liability that goes with them...if you are in an accident and someone is hurt, you may be on the hook......dodge is insured against such defects, you are not...

is blasting music so important...?

I'm 57 and my hearing is damaged from loud music back in the 70's....I figured going deaf wasn't so bad but I didn't know it would hurt. Loud noise, causes my eardrums to pulse and it hurts like hell...I don't go out where its crowded, can't go to movies or sports games..or ride a motorcycle.....running the vacuum requires noise blocking head gear....it's not worth it....

investigate tinitis

good luck

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
when you change seats you take on the liability that goes with them...if you are in an accident and someone is hurt, you may be on the hook......dodge is insured against such defects, you are not...

is blasting music so important...?

I'm 57 and my hearing is damaged from loud music back in the 70's....I figured going deaf wasn't so bad but I didn't know it would hurt. Loud noise, causes my eardrums to pulse and it hurts like hell...I don't go out where its crowded, can't go to movies or sports games..or ride a motorcycle.....running the vacuum requires noise blocking head gear....it's not worth it....

investigate tinitis

good luck

:waytogo: :welcome: :pepper: I agree, 36 years around military jet noise hurt my hearing, even though I wore hearing protection. Tinnitus makes it hard to sleep at night.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Devils Advocate...

Play it loud kid... You don't need no stinking rear seats, after all it isn't a taxi. Build wall to wall speakers. Hearing isn't all that's cracked up to be. Hell I haven't been able to hear anything in years.. Whining old lady's and barking dogs, who cares.. Sound only counts if you can feel it. ..... lol

OP
OP
Gecko

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Haha thanks for the info guys. I do like my music loud but don't get me wrong I understand that sound quality is better than just a big boom (One of my parents is a professional musician). This is just something I thought up when my buddy took out his 15" from his Mustang. I already have 2 10" subs in the truck and it sounds good. I just thought this may be cooler and look awesome. I don't think I have the budget to pull it off the way it properly needs to be done.

It would be cool though...