CREE LED Pod light set for fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey all, I've recently been looking into swapping out my fog lights for some pod LEDs and have came across this set: https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Dodge-RAM-1500-CREE-LED-Fog-Light-Kit-p/70-231.htm

I've been searching the forums and haven't really found anybody using this set so just wanted to get some opinions. It includes 4x CREE pod lights, wiring, and mounting brackets that are apparently direct bolt on so it sounds easy enough.

Any opinions on this? Good idea or bad?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about getting an LED bulb?

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the set your looking at. Only thing is I ordered a good set of deutsch connecters to really make them factory plug and play that clip together. That set has open ended wires on the pods themselves that would need to be connected to the plug they give. Light pods seem to be ok, have good out put but not SAE dot approved.

Last edited:

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a similar setup with the brackets, but a different brand. I wired in the two pods for each side together and terminated them with factory plugs. THe light output is bad ass. They are a little difficult to adjust once it's all together, but it looks good. I did a thread on here a couple years ago regarding it but can't find that link now.

A good HID kit in the stock fog housings also has tremendous light output. Just be sure to get CANBUS ballasts if you go that route.

Here is a pic. The bottom ones were flood and I put an amber cover on them. The top ones were spots.

16765120895_523862c45b_k.jpg