Custom Blind Spot Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thrasher,

I actually designed it, and had a company make me two prototypes. One for each side.

Now the question is...do I want to go forward and have them manufactured and sell them, or not.
I'd buy a set, for the right price. It looks good!

Edit: the price is right too!
Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Otto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the price is 30ish a set count me in for 2 sets.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If the price is 30ish a set count me in for 2 sets.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Otto,

I am going to try and get the price down from $29...and still not cut any corners. My first priority is to produce a product that Ram Owners are proud of...AND...at a great price. I am not in this to make a fortune...I am just trying to cover my costs.

How I am going to be able to get the price down a bit is...as with all things...manufacture a bigger quantity. This way I can spread the cost of the molds out a bit. This is the biggest cost...to get the tools and machinery made to make the part. I am hoping to be able to bring it down below $25...hopefully $24/pair.

Thank you for your interest!
Wade

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
So is this a entire to mirror/glass or just something we wattach to the mirror?

I too have noticed GMs and F-150s have the built in blind spot mirror. I always wondered why ram never got one.

I like your design though. Looks good

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
AustinB, I have been working with a manufacturer on another product of mine...the RPC Phone Holder (Ram Truck Phone Holder - WadeStar Products) and I approached them on this idea. Since I had a working relationship with them already, they were willing to make some prototypes for me...of course, charging me their time and material, but what they did was CNC machine the plastic parts and then found a mirror company to cut the glass.

It was fairly spendy, but unless I had a working model, I would never know if I liked them...much less be able to show others. And, since I fell in love with them the first day I put them on, I thought I would go to the next step and see if anyone else is interested in something like this. So far, so good!

I can say this, the numbers are real close in being able to get this manufactured, but I am just waiting for the price of packaging and a couple other costs.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this answers your question!

Wade

Before I saw this post I was looking on Amazon for an aftermarket antenna and saw a phone holder listed. Thought it looked real nice. Then I just clicked on your link and it looks like your. Maybe it is your being sold in Amazon but just didn't realize it. You starting to become THE Wadestar?

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So is this a entire to mirror/glass or just something we wattach to the mirror?

I too have noticed GMs and F-150s have the built in blind spot mirror. I always wondered why ram never got one.

I like your design though. Looks good

BlownGP,

This is the small outside piece that attaches to the factory glass. It will be a simple install, but look as factory as possible.

I am not sure why they haven't followed suit like other manufacturers, but this blind spot mirror now takes care of it...and at a fraction of the cost of a new mirror!

Wade

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Before I saw this post I was looking on Amazon for an aftermarket antenna and saw a phone holder listed. Thought it looked real nice. Then I just clicked on your link and it looks like your. Maybe it is your being sold in Amazon but just didn't realize it. You starting to become THE Wadestar?

Skrap,

If you look up the thread on this site called "Anyone modded the business card holder to hold a cell phone" you will see how that cell phone holder came to fruition.

So, yes...I am WadeStar that created the RPC Phone Holder. You should buy one! ;)

Wade

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
BlownGP,

This is the small outside piece that attaches to the factory glass. It will be a simple install, but look as factory as possible.

I am not sure why they haven't followed suit like other manufacturers, but this blind spot mirror now takes care of it...and at a fraction of the cost of a new mirror!

Wade

Sounds good man. Thanks for doing this

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had an idea that maybe you could piggy back on yours to add the little heater to it for mirrors equipped with the mirror defroster option... not sure if it's possible but it's one thing I noticed the other day that the cheapo one I have stUK to my mirror does not defrost with the factory heat put out by the oem system

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only way it pencils out is to sell them at $29/pair. That would take care of both mirrors.

down for a set at this price for sure. i've been scratching my head trying to get something that looks half decent. bought glass for the order ram trying to fit it.. but those costed $70 bucks already lol

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Had an idea that maybe you could piggy back on yours to add the little heater to it for mirrors equipped with the mirror defroster option... not sure if it's possible but it's one thing I noticed the other day that the cheapo one I have stUK to my mirror does not defrost with the factory heat put out by the oem system

R/T Fire,

I hear what you are saying. We have had snow here the last couple of days in Washington so I know where you are coming from. That would be a cool option.

Wade

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks nice , put me on the list !

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you everyone for the great interest in this. The manufacturer is going to be fine tuning the design over the next couple of weeks, before the molds are made.

We are making progress!

Wade

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you everyone for the great interest in this. The manufacturer is going to be fine tuning the design over the next couple of weeks, before the molds are made.

We are making progress!

Wade

I can't wait! Driving into work today I said to myself as I was looking out to my mirror "I hope those mirrors are done soon, that'll make a huge difference from these tiny Walmart ones"

OP
OP
wadestar

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can't wait! Driving into work today I said to myself as I was looking out to my mirror "I hope those mirrors are done soon, that'll make a huge difference from these tiny Walmart ones"

Stringer,

I had to drive through Seattle traffic on Wednesday pulling an enclosed trailer and so many times I thanked those blind spot mirrors for being there. They work amazing.

And on that note...we are working as fast as we can on this so we can get this product to great people like you!

Wade