Cybertruck vs RAM 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two things can be true. Lead blood levels fell across the board, adults and children, once leaded fuel was no longer used. If you want to argue that higher lead levels in blood is just fine or that it was all some mass conspiracy to suppress the truth about leaded gas, you do you, it's not an argument worth spending time on for me.

Not arguing that it is good, just pointing out that there were other lead contributing sources at the time that were also being phased out. There was a big push on getting rid of the paint for lead poisoning during that same time frame.

Tetraethyl lead is a very toxic chemical, that's undeniable.

I much prefer cars with cats vs. cars without cats - a lot less fumes.

The biggest reason to get rid of leaded fuel was the cat converter, it had to go since cat converters were nec. to meet new EPA rules.

Hmm, I wonder what's the cause for the drop in IQ's currently?

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be OK with EVs, if our infrastructure was ready for them. The undeniable truth is its not, and won't be for several decades. Even if the lack of charging stations could be magically solved overnight there simply isn't sufficient electricity generating capacity in the grid to meet demand. That's a hard fact. People take for granted that you flip a switch and the lights come on. Electricity isn't an infinite resource. It has to be made, and we don't have enough power plants to meet CURRENT demand, little lone plugging in millions of vehicles every day.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The biggest problem with the CT ugliness is......you have to find something just as ugly to tow!!

NOTHING would look right behind it.

Now we need a very ugly RV CAMPER‍

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The biggest problem with the CT ugliness is......you have to find something just as ugly to tow!!

NOTHING would look right behind it.

Now we need a very ugly RV CAMPER‍

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
"But I agree legislative assistance can hasten adoption of new technologies. But that assistance must be tied to requirements that benefit the public since it is their money. In the case of Tesla, they received at least a $465 million dollar loan, yes it was paid back. But the loan should have been tied to requirements that vehicles be produced and sold at an amount that would allow sale prices to be at a level to allow amln average buyer to acquire, no subsidies. It is ridiculous that we funded Tesla and now that company makes a mint while the Federal government continues to put thousands of dollars in the pockets of Musk and others before him.

The government is in an ideal position to fund innovation but it has to assure it owns a piece of the results forever to fund new innovation. This would basically give the Federal government, and by extension the public, a stake in the company after loans are paid back and should be in perpetuity. We funded Tesla and other companies who needed the help and that is a good thing. Letting the money continue to flow from government to private companies, bad thing. And if the better mouse trap is available and reasonable in price, the world will beat a path to the door."

Sorry, I am not a fan of this idea. China and similar governments like this idea though.

Maybe a better idea would be for the gov. to be given a certain number of stock shares per $$ invested - to be put into a fund that under no circumstances can be touched or used or managed by politicians and the money can ONLY be used to pay down gov. debt by selling the shares on the open market in 3/5/10 year cycles.
Couple that with a balanced budget amendment and we might have something.

EV incentives that the gov. offers to purchasers is also a terrible idea - as the price of the vehicle goes up almost dollar for dollar the amount of the incentive.
Maybe a better tax incentive would be an amount of the price of a home charging station - and you get it whether you install a charger or not.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. "
Lets not get into the political side of this argument. And you might want to give credit where it's due to Ronald Reagan for the quote at the end of your post.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
"But I agree legislative assistance can hasten adoption of new technologies. But that assistance must be tied to requirements that benefit the public since it is their money. In the case of Tesla, they received at least a $465 million dollar loan, yes it was paid back. But the loan should have been tied to requirements that vehicles be produced and sold at an amount that would allow sale prices to be at a level to allow amln average buyer to acquire, no subsidies. It is ridiculous that we funded Tesla and now that company makes a mint while the Federal government continues to put thousands of dollars in the pockets of Musk and others before him.

The government is in an ideal position to fund innovation but it has to assure it owns a piece of the results forever to fund new innovation. This would basically give the Federal government, and by extension the public, a stake in the company after loans are paid back and should be in perpetuity. We funded Tesla and other companies who needed the help and that is a good thing. Letting the money continue to flow from government to private companies, bad thing. And if the better mouse trap is available and reasonable in price, the world will beat a path to the door."

Sorry, I am not a fan of this idea. China and similar governments like this idea though.

Maybe a better idea would be for the gov. to be given a certain number of stock shares per $$ invested - to be put into a fund that under no circumstances can be touched or used or managed by politicians and the money can ONLY be used to pay down gov. debt by selling the shares on the open market in 3/5/10 year cycles.
Couple that with a balanced budget amendment and we might have something.

EV incentives that the gov. offers to purchasers is also a terrible idea - as the price of the vehicle goes up almost dollar for dollar the amount of the incentive.
Maybe a better tax incentive would be an amount of the price of a home charging station - and you get it whether you install a charger or not.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. "
I used to think stock. But that is a finite resource that when sold is exhausted. But owning a piece of the company is a constant revenue stream, kind of a paycheck idea if you will. Of course my suggestion is much to complicated to explain here, and 5his isn't really the forum. But it has it has relevancy to Rams in that the government will transfer yours and mine monies to well off people who can afford to be early adopters of an overpriced depreciating asset using technology that we already helped to fund. Essentially have the government be the funding middleman between established businesses and new ones. Again, very complex but venture capitalists do something similar every day (no, not an exact comparison).

Lockie5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Be careful when sitting in your arm chair comparing specs off a paper. That truck won't tow 14000 pounds, and neither will it be more capable off road then an offroad trim 2500.
Ok, well I know a guy who bought a Ford Lightning, hooked up a trailer for work and made it 90 minutes down the highway before he was out of ‘juice’.
Seriously, I think I’ll stick to my ‘22
5.7 eHemi with 3.92 diff and the oversized fuel tank for hauling my fishing boat or trailer anywhere.
E trucks will be grocery getters and kid haulers, but won’t see them on job sites around here, or pulling trailers on highways.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Read that Stellantis is going to test battery swapping on a 100 Fiat EVs in Spain. I remember thinking about this a few years ago as Tesla considered this. It could reduce costs for purchasing vehicles, eliminate range anxiety as swaps are in line with fill ups, and no one has to worry about their battery going bad and coating thousands.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Read that Stellantis is going to test battery swapping on a 100 Fiat EVs in Spain. I remember thinking about this a few years ago as Tesla considered this. It could reduce costs for purchasing vehicles, eliminate range anxiety as swaps are in line with fill ups, and no one has to worry about their battery going bad and coating thousands.
I had the same idea and then I was like, what if you had a good battery and ended up with someone's crap worn out battery.

Maybe they could guarantee a minimum quality battery and mark on your swap receipt what % of life is left in the replacement and only use batteries with a mid 90% and up charge capacity left on them??

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
So far there seems to be more drawback than benefit from the average person