Dash Cam Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did my homework on this one and came up with Street Guardian dash cam great company and very tech friendly by the way

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks kurek and madtrucker. added to the list :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I ordered a battery, so will try again when it arrives.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
THANK YOU everyone for your input ! Nice to have REAL first hand information

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
My Aukey DR01 was ~$40 on Amazon and works flawlessly. Great night vision and I use a 64GB card for plenty of recording time. No fancy bells and whistles, it's a dash cam not a movie camera. I hard wired mine to the fuse box so it comes on at start up and turns off when I shut down.
CanyonMan

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My Aukey DR01 was ~$40 on Amazon and works flawlessly. Great night vision and I use a 64GB card for plenty of recording time. No fancy bells and whistles, it's a dash cam not a movie camera. I hard wired mine to the fuse box so it comes on at start up and turns off when I shut down.
CanyonMan
Thanks Richard I added it to the list ! And I see your fairly new to the site so WELCOME to the forum !

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with BlackVue 2 camera system, 750 I think. Easy to in stall, crisp video, uploads and accessible via Wi-Fi when my truck is at home. Video software for managing and making clips is weak tho.

installation in our trucks is pretty easy, plenty of room around the edge of the headliner and A pillar to run wiring. I used a small plastic wedge to tuck all the wires out of site.
I originally hard wired mine by carefully slipping the individual wires into the fuse box via the hinge, but ultimately removed that and went OBD port. Their OBD adapter (power magic) is much more elegant than the hard wire kit
My camera will record for up to 12 hours or until the voltage drops when the truck is off. This feature is there regardless of how it is wired and that works perfect for my needs.
It did save me some frustration when a Toyota IQ driver abruptly changed lines at the Costco gas pump. The Toyo AT II gently pushed the bumper skin right off of his car when he veered into me.
Oh, and I turned off the voice recording, no need to replay my mumbling while driving around...

F9D694C2-3FDD-4384-8315-F21232E6A93E.jpeg

0484A298-7022-417B-9A6E-011F1A9DEC95.jpeg

577DA1D5-C534-467F-AEC2-1FD561056A86.jpeg

BBDD30D6-E987-4144-B809-6A06AA0A2135.jpeg

A8EF6B2B-3A65-4A50-9AFD-85F2315B3976.jpeg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I went with BlackVue 2 camera system, 750 I think. Easy to in stall, crisp video, uploads and accessible via Wi-Fi when my truck is at home. Video software for managing and making clips is weak tho.

installation in our trucks is pretty easy, plenty of room around the edge of the headliner and A pillar to run wiring. I used a small plastic wedge to tuck all the wires out of site.
I originally hard wired mine by carefully slipping the individual wires into the fuse box via the hinge, but ultimately removed that and went OBD port. Their OBD adapter (power magic) is much more elegant than the hard wire kit
My camera will record for up to 12 hours or until the voltage drops when the truck is off. This feature is there regardless of how it is wired and that works perfect for my needs.
It did save me some frustration when a Toyota IQ driver abruptly changed lines at the Costco gas pump. The Toyo AT II gently pushed the bumper skin right off of his car when he veered into me.
Oh, and I turned off the voice recording, no need to replay my mumbling while driving around...

View attachment 187112

View attachment 187113

View attachment 187114

View attachment 187115

View attachment 187116
Thanks Larry and GREAT pictures :)

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a lot of looking around at dash cam's and checked out reviews ... I settled on a VIOFO A119 PRO ... It has a super capacitor instead of a battery and I installed a 128 GB SD card in it ... This model automatically over-writes the SD card once full so if you don't format it, it's no big deal ... It's not hard to install ... I didn't hardwire and the cord is barely visible in a couple of areas ... This model also came with a GPS logger module and a polarizing lens filter to cut down on glare and has 2K HD video ... It also has park mode and if hardwired it will automatically turn on if someone is around your car ... Has a great video even at night ... I didn't get the rear camera only the front ... I'm in Canada and this will be my first winter with the camera installed so I'll see how it holds up ... reviews said the cold doesn't affect it so fingers crossed ... Good luck on your search ...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

View attachment 187112

View attachment 187113

View attachment 187114

View attachment 187115

View attachment 187116

great info, thansks

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks Jim and everyone. Updated the list !

5pt7BigHornSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 187112

View attachment 187113

View attachment 187114

View attachment 187115

View attachment 187116
Nice install, I may have to look into this one.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice install, I may have to look into this one.
Thanks! Getting the wires into the fuse box was the challenging part, I did not wat to cut or drill a hole in it.

In terms of the camera it self, I think any of them will install nicely as there is so much room to tuck wires into the headliner and A-pillar. My camera kit included a little plastic wedge for tucking the wires in, as long as you have one of those it should be simple to make it clean looking in the cab.

5pt7BigHornSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! Getting the wires into the fuse box was the challenging part, I did not wat to cut or drill a hole in it.

In terms of the camera it self, I think any of them will install nicely as there is so much room to tuck wires into the headliner and A-pillar. My camera kit included a little plastic wedge for tucking the wires in, as long as you have one of those it should be simple to make it clean looking in the cab.
I really like the cylinder cameras - they have a cleaner look than some of the others.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have experience with Nextbase?
https://www.nextbase.com/en-us/dash-cams/

We have access to them and could offer them. Honestly we havent got one in yet to try them yet. I do like how they have add on modules for rear and cabin cameras to be added.

If someone has used one please contact me or post about here. If anyone is interested in getting one, let me know.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Anyone have experience with Nextbase?
https://www.nextbase.com/en-us/dash-cams/

We have access to them and could offer them. Honestly we havent got one in yet to try them yet. I do like how they have add on modules for rear and cabin cameras to be added.

If someone has used one please contact me or post about here. If anyone is interested in getting one, let me know.

GREAT to hear that you have access to them ! PLEASE update what you find out ! They are of the higher end of the $$$ but you get what you pay for lol. I like the rear camera connection as well..I added them to the list and also asked for updated info as well if someone has it !

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GREAT to hear that you have access to them ! PLEASE update what you find out ! They are of the higher end of the $$$ but you get what you pay for lol. I like the rear camera connection as well..I added them to the list and also asked for updated info as well if someone has it !
Will do. Thank you very much

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6