Dball2 remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a dball2 remote start I picked up on eBay in my 15 2500. Easy install. Took maybe 30 minutes tops. I was going to go with the oem, but the extra cost of the flash was a killer. I didn't want an extra remote, so I went with this one. Push the lock button 3x and she starts right up. I recommend it. I purchased 2 kits for 245 shipped. One for my ram and one for the wife's grand caravan.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm not really familiar with that one, this is what's going into my Ram.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 173

7duster3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you have a link to what oneyou bought? I found one for my Ram but it's pretty close in price for the pair of yours.

OP
OP
D

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a link to what oneyou bought? I found one for my Ram but it's pretty close in price for the pair of yours.

Here's the item number, 191649866758. 159.99 with free shipping. Adding a second one is a bit cheaper since I don't need 2 loaders. They made me a special auction.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really familiar with that one, this is what's going into my Ram.

If the OP wants to he can add a remote kit to the dball. the biggest issue with that system is how large the remote is. first you have a big bulky factory fob, then you have this 2-way fob also.

i had this setup in my old '11 durango. worked great, but just like the factory you are very limited to range. as the factory fobs have about 1/4-1/8 the range of an aftermarket remote. What i did to solve this was use DEI smart start phone app for longer range and short range i did the 3x lock.

these units have been talked about on here for years and they all work the same.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine has an 3 mile range on it as to circumvent the limitation of the factory fob. I agree about having to have a second fob, but the smaller of the two shown is hardly noticeable. Here's the read on it, also sorry op for adding to your posting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
D

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has an 3 mile range on it as to circumvent the limitation of the factory fob. I agree about having to have a second fob, but the smaller of the two shown is hardly noticeable. Here's the read on it, also sorry op for adding to your posting.

No worries on adding on. I don't need long range and absolutely do not want another fob of any size. If I decide I need longer range I can add on the smart start.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just keep in mind that what ever your FOB works now that is the distance it will work for the start also.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dball can be completely plug and play if you don't want a bunch of options hooked up.5 minutes to remove if you ever have a no start issue under warr. or if you want to move it to another vehicle.No butchering any wires in your new truck.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to drudge up an older post, but I'm about to pull the trigger on this for my 09 Sport. If had the original Dball2 saved in my "watched" area, but today I just saw another one available by "Flashlogic" for close to the same price.

Has anyone had any experience with the Flashlogic one (good or bad)? Or a recommendation between the two?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to drudge up an older post, but I'm about to pull the trigger on this for my 09 Sport. If had the original Dball2 saved in my "watched" area, but today I just saw another one available by "Flashlogic" for close to the same price.

Has anyone had any experience with the Flashlogic one (good or bad)? Or a recommendation between the two?

I have no experience with the flashlogic but I am pretty happy with the dball2. Got the harness so it is all plug and play. Took about 10 min to install. I really don't like aftermarket electronics and wanted a factory kit but wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
flashlogic is the same as idatalink. i had the idatalink module in my old '11 durango when this type of starting was first coming out. it worked great.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no experience with the flashlogic but I am pretty happy with the dball2. Got the harness so it is all plug and play. Took about 10 min to install. I really don't like aftermarket electronics and wanted a factory kit but wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
I was pretty much sold on this unit already, but you put the nail in the coffin! Just ordered it. Thanks for the feedback.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, just got it in the mail today. Just a few short minutes later, had it installed and running perfectly. Moving the seat out of the way, and then putting it back in place took more time than the install.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
so i got my kit today, but man i must be having a very special moment right now. These directions make no sense to me(for the t harness) they dont tell you what anything is supposed to plug into?

OP
OP
D

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on your year, one plugs into the obd port and the other into the ignition switch

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Depending on your year, one plugs into the obd port and the other into the ignition switch

thats it? What do i do with these 5 extra wires?

OP
OP
D

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know there were extras thet did not get used. But I don't remember 5. There were 2 choices for the obd and 2 for the ignition. The unused just get wrapped up. The t harness is for multiple vehicles