Dealer not selling Quad Cabs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree here... I don't see raging on someone choice of truck because you dont like, being sensable everyone's prefrencrs, uses and needs are different. Personally I would prefer a crew over my quad although I have a new born baby and untill fighting with the car seat my quad was perfect... In all honesty I would prefer the mega cab with the 6 1/2 bed I don't care how long it is. That's just my opinion though.

I wish it was 6.6 instead of 6.4. My friends Silverado has a 6.6 bed and his quad fit perfect, when I put his quad in my bed we had to deflate the rear tires to get the tail gate up. 2 inches makes a big difference in truck beds.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wish it was 6.6 instead of 6.4. My friends Silverado has a 6.6 bed and his quad fit perfect, when I put his quad in my bed we had to deflate the rear tires to get the tail gate up. 2 inches makes a big difference in truck beds.
This has been my exact feeling all along.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like they will be tearing appart the roof liner and so forth for this task, ****! Grrr.:flipthebird:

Yuck.

Got my notice in the mail last week and put it in the round bin.

Maybe on the 2nd or 3rd notice I'll take it in,,, :roflsquared:

(Heck, I'm still getting notices for my 09's pinion which was fixed shortly after I purchased it new. I haven't owned the 09 since Dec 2014)

Britgeezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 weeks ago, I was trying to buy a Quad in NJ and my preferred dealer (is there really such a thing?) had cant sell stickers over them all. As it happens, yesterday I decided on Crew cab which has different airbag combo's.

However it was the first time I ever found a dealer unable to sell a product on the lot.

Dealer confirmed yesterday he now has the revised airbags ready to fit to his stock Quads.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 weeks ago, I was trying to buy a Quad in NJ and my preferred dealer (is there really such a thing?) had cant sell stickers over them all. As it happens, yesterday I decided on Crew cab which has different airbag combo's.

However it was the first time I ever found a dealer unable to sell a product on the lot.

Dealer confirmed yesterday he now has the revised airbags ready to fit to his stock Quads.

So what happened, ordered the Quad? :naughty:

drtack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a 2015 QC 1500 Outdoorsman last July 2015 with the 6.4 box. I definitely like the larger box for huntin. fishing, and camping gear. I like the CC too but would absolutely hate not having the large box to haul **** when needed. I also had to bring my truck in for the side impact air bag recall where they had to remove the head liner and check orientation and install a foil patch. No big deal at all to have done.

MJG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed when shopping for mine that there is no quad cab option on the ram site for 16

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I noticed when shopping for mine that there is no quad cab option on the ram site for 16

I just checked and they still show the quad cab. I know they don't offer it on the Limited and Longhorn trims but they do on everything else.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe he doesn't want a 5ft suitcase for a bed. Maybe he is buying it for a truck and not a suv. And before anyone says you can get a cc with a 6ft bed, maybe he doesn't want it that long. Not everybody buys a truck for a family vehicle. My lab rides fine in the back and so do my tools. Imo which don't mean nothing ,the cc with the 5ft bed looks silly. Throw a hard cover on it and it really looks silly. I like to call them a Ford explorer sport track on steroids.LOL:favorites13:

One thousand likes for you sir. I use my bed a lot and would never buy a short bed truck, and on the flipside the long bed with a CC is too long for my taste too. I'm in the same boat as you, this truck is for me to work with, not a family minivan with an open trunk. I get it. There's a lot of guys on this forum that buy pickups just because they like the look but don't carry much more than a gym bag in the bed, it's the pickup version of a lowered blinged out Subaru WRX for them. Not knocking you guys, different strokes for different folks and all that, but there's also people like us here that buy based on needs more than looks. If I lived in the 'burbs with a few small kids I doubt I'd be driving a truck at all because there wouldn't be any need but I'm a utilitarian type of personality. Hell I haven't even bought a tonneau cover because they just get in the way of my loading stuff more often than not.

flipkc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 QC Sport was the only one on the lot with the load I wanted, and it was a ******* to get since it was the last one. Having the longer bed and the shorter cab definitely suits my uses much better and I much prefer the look of the QC with the 6.4' bed rather than a massive cab and a short box.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To me a quad cab looks better than my crew cab with short bed. But I haul people more than anything else so I chose the crew cab.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One thousand likes for you sir. I use my bed a lot and would never buy a short bed truck, and on the flipside the long bed with a CC is too long for my taste too. I'm in the same boat as you, this truck is for me to work with, not a family minivan with an open trunk. I get it. There's a lot of guys on this forum that buy pickups just because they like the look but don't carry much more than a gym bag in the bed, it's the pickup version of a lowered blinged out Subaru WRX for them. Not knocking you guys, different strokes for different folks and all that, but there's also people like us here that buy based on needs more than looks. If I lived in the 'burbs with a few small kids I doubt I'd be driving a truck at all because there wouldn't be any need but I'm a utilitarian type of personality. Hell I haven't even bought a tonneau cover because they just get in the way of my loading stuff more often than not.

Oh boy, now they are going to be fired up on me again. Lmao ,.we do think alike on this.:favorites13: The way I see it ,if you can't haul a 6ft ladder in the bed with the tailgate closed. It is not much of a truck bed to me. IMO.