Dealer Strikes Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manning#2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
4.6-8 cylinder
I'm new to this forum. I have a question about my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. I took my truck to a Dodge Dealer here locally a month ago because I thought I was getting 160 miles to a tank of gas or less. They told me it was the "Cluster". That didn't make since do to the fact I drive very little but had to fill up every two weeks. After having the truck for a week to do the repair, the first tank I got 139 miles and 160 the second. Now I have taken it back again because obviously it wasn't the "Cluster". The technician over seeing the repair called Monday morning and said, it would another 3 hours of labor to dig deeper. Of course I said, yes I'm already 1000.00 into the repair. Now its Wednesday and I have still heard nothing! Has anybody else out there had this problem with their truck???

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, and it seems weird... No obvious leaks anywhere I assume... hopefully someone can think of something

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Take it to a reputable independant garage, this dealer obviously has no clue what they are doing.
Tell the service manager at the dealer that you cant pay for his hours of " diagnostics" if they cant even find the problem!

HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Ecodiesel
You must have something major going on to be getting 5-6 mpg. You should have serious running problems that you didn't seem to mention. If you had a leak, then you would know it. I am actually kind of stumped?

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Any signs of running rich? I mean that's about all I can think of really. Granted I'm not familiar with the newer engines

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Take it to a reputable independant garage, this dealer obviously has no clue what they are doing.
Tell the service manager at the dealer that you cant pay for his hours of " diagnostics" if they cant even find the problem!

This. ^^^

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I'd think your not filling up all the way. I have heard of the pumps shutting off before the tank is full before, usually something wrong with the fill nozzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk