Diablo l-1000-DCX Tuner Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012Outdoorsman5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been putting off on getting a tuner because of the prices but I found a Diablo tuner on a classified site for half the price as new. I was hoping some people could let me know their experiences with it and reviews. Also should I buy a used one or go for new?

Thanks.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
2 downsides to buying a used DCX is that it is a discontinued part that will not come with any warranty, and you want to make sure it is not still married to the previous owners vehicle. If the previous owner did not properly return it to stock, then the tuner will be locked up, and you would need to pay Diablo to unlock it for you.

OP
OP
2012Outdoorsman5.7

2012Outdoorsman5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 downsides to buying a used DCX is that it is a discontinued part that will not come with any warranty, and you want to make sure it is not still married to the previous owners vehicle. If the previous owner did not properly return it to stock, then the tuner will be locked up, and you would need to pay Diablo to unlock it for you.

Is there a way to check if it is still locked to the previous vehicle? Can you just plug it in and it shows it?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Your best bet is to load it on the truck when you pick it up. It will tell you if it is married to another vehicle when you try to load the tune.

Braaapteestah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
mine was unlocked, and I asked the guy i bought it from, had to take his word for it, i also updated the software on the tuner via computer which was not an easy task! but i got it updated eventually, about 3 hours later!

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been putting off on getting a tuner because of the prices but I found a Diablo tuner on a classified site for half the price as new. I was hoping some people could let me know their experiences with it and reviews. Also should I buy a used one or go for new?

Thanks.

Being they are discontinued, you can find a brand new one for under $300.
I bought one through Jet.com and couldn't be happier. For a 2012 you couldn't get a bigger bang for the buck. Of course your going to get the nah sawyers saying buy the newest one (because they get a bigger profit)
with a 91 tune and a little fiddling you will be impressed!