Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Back when I had my 2013 RAM 1500 I purchased a Diablo T1000 with Hemifever custom tuning. After I got rid of the truck, I kept the tuner thinking I could sell it, but never did. Now I’m in a 2017 RAM 1500, beginning to look at MODs to do, and I’m trying to decide if I should keep using the T1000 and pay for a new custom tuning, or go ahead with an upgrade to the T2 with custom tuning. Also I noticed on Moes Performance that the tuner and custom tuning now come with PCM options. Do I have to get an unlocked PCM now to get custom tuning? What are yalls thoughts about the upgrade?

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you will have to have an unlocked PCM to use the tuner. More than likely you can have Hemifever just write you a new tune for the 2017 and your Trinity will work just fine as is.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you need to, and only Diablosport or one of the tuners will know, you can send in your Trinity and have it updated for your 2017.

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only the 2018 has pcm lockout.
All 2018+ model year FCA vehicles have a new security feature that was implemented to prevent the OBD-II diagnostic port from being used for aftermarket recalibration tools and performance tuners. The 2018+ Ram ProCal Module includes AEV’s Bypass Harness kit. This kit will bypass the new security feature, allowing the vehicle to be properly recalibrated by the end user, instead of having to take it to a dealership and potentially being flagged for aftermarket modifications. Installation takes less than 5 minutes with no permanent modifications to the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk