Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scope432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i am looking at buying a tuner to put in my truck and am looking at either a diablosport trinity t-1000 or Diablosport trinity 2EX and am wondering what would be the better option, its a 2012 ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi in it. Id greatly apprechiate any feed back on them and what your guys experiences with them would be if you have ever used either one. Thanks.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I haven't used the Trinity line before but I have used the Predator model on two vehicles and an InTune on another. All three were Hemi powered.

I didn't see the need for the Trinity's gauge package for my own use which is why I bought the Predators and I2. I had a custom dyno tune loaded on both Predators and the I2.

The T-2 EX is a second generation Trinity programmer. Both tuners offer pretty much the same capabilities such as data logging, configurable gauge packages, read/clear codes and the real time display of specific engine operating parameters.

The T2 Platinum will accept custom tunes, a very desirable feature, with the rest the features being the same as the EX. The T-2 EX will not accept custom tunes and tuning is limited to the "canned tunes" that come with the programmer.

The T1000 has been superceded by the T2 programmers but is still available. It offers pretty much the same package and similar tunes as the T2 upgraded units but has less internal memory and the gauges display differently. I believe, but I am not sure, that it has the ability to download, store and upload custom tunes.

If you want a Trinity for the gauge package, the T2 looks to be an improved version of the T-1000 with more memory, a slicker gauge display and similar tunes. Since it can upload and deploy custom tunes, my personal choice would be the net T2 Platinum because custom tunes are head and shoulders above the canned tunes Diablosport provides.

OP
OP
S

Scope432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, thank you, I think I’m going to get the t2 ex platinum since I will probably need custom tunes eventually. I’ve already done a ram air intake and will be doing a cam swap and long tube headers later down the road.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good choice and for the right reasons...future mods.