Did Dodge Change TPMS sensors between 2013 and 2014????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was quoted 85$ today to get my sensors pulled out of my stock 17s and put in the 20s. Or they can sale me new sensors for 200$ then charge mount and balance fee. On a positive note I'll have 2014 sensors for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They just have to push the tire back with the arm thing on the tire machine and unscrew the old sensor and screw in the new one. When I replaced one on my wife grand caravan(which conveniently took a **** about 5k after the bumper to bumper expired[emoji849]) that's all they did for hers. Cost me 10 bucks plus the sensor. Just depends if you have a decent enough tire shop near you.

Yea the guy I swapped wheels with just text me and a local tire shop near him quoted him $20 a tire to swap out the sensors. The guy I swapped with was super nice and even offered to pay 50% of the amount it will be to swap in new sensors to my new wheels. He said he will pay half of the bill for me to get it done, and in return, he asked that I send him the old 2014 sensors that were originally from his truck. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me!!!

I found new OEM/Mopar sensors on Amazon for only $63 shipped. I just ordered them and when they get here I'm going to go to a local tire shop and get them put in.

Now, I snapped a couple pictures but it's super dark out and my phones camera blows at night but here are the wheels on my truck:

4dbbaa587a59793b1f34f2364080925f.jpg17f664f12ae367a6731e7f0e4ff3d8f1.jpgf818f461a1fdb80da403d8f376552d73.jpg

If it doesn't snow tomorrow like they are saying it's supposed too, my plan was to go to the car wash and wash off all this rock salt and clean these chrome clad wheels thoroughly. I'll probably stop by Pepboys and pick up some chrome wheel cleaner.

Actually that reminds me, does anybody know if I can use off the shelf "Chrome Wheel Cleaner" on these "plastic chrome clad" rims? I had the "chrome clad" 20" Laramie wheels on my 2006 Ram and I used some store bought chrome wheel cleaner on them and it caused them to get all hazy white and messed up. It was a good thing I was Plastidipping them but it has me concerned about using any chrome wheels cleaner on these new wheels.

Can anyone give any input on whether those "off the shelf" chrome wheel cleaners are safe for these chrome clad wheels or will it damage them??

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea the guy I swapped wheels with just text me and a local tire shop near him quoted him $20 a tire to swap out the sensors. The guy I swapped with was super nice and even offered to pay 50% of the amount it will be to swap in new sensors to my new wheels. He said he will pay half of the bill for me to get it done, and in return, he asked that I send him the old 2014 sensors that were originally from his truck. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me!!!

I found new OEM/Mopar sensors on Amazon for only $63 shipped. I just ordered them and when they get here I'm going to go to a local tire shop and get them put in.

Now, I snapped a couple pictures but it's super dark out and my phones camera blows at night but here are the wheels on my truck:

4dbbaa587a59793b1f34f2364080925f.jpg17f664f12ae367a6731e7f0e4ff3d8f1.jpgf818f461a1fdb80da403d8f376552d73.jpg

If it doesn't snow tomorrow like they are saying it's supposed too, my plan was to go to the car wash and wash off all this rock salt and clean these chrome clad wheels thoroughly. I'll probably stop by Pepboys and pick up some chrome wheel cleaner.

Actually that reminds me, does anybody know if I can use off the shelf "Chrome Wheel Cleaner" on these "plastic chrome clad" rims? I had the "chrome clad" 20" Laramie wheels on my 2006 Ram and I used some store bought chrome wheel cleaner on them and it caused them to get all hazy white and messed up. It was a good thing I was Plastidipping them but it has me concerned about using any chrome wheels cleaner on these new wheels.

Can anyone give any input on whether those "off the shelf" chrome wheel cleaners are safe for these chrome clad wheels or will it damage them??

Sweet I'm glad it worked out. The other guy obviously was having the same problem. And is probably stoked that ur nice enough to help as well.
Can't help on the Crome polish but good luck

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet I'm glad it worked out. The other guy obviously was having the same problem. And is probably stoked that ur nice enough to help as well.
Can't help on the Crome polish but good luck

Yea as soon as I texted him about the TPMS going off he texted back saying his had just gone off too lol. He said he was already planning on getting new tires in a month or two because he is doing a 3" (maybe 4" i forget) Rough Country lift and wants bigger tires on the rims. So he said if he pays 1/2 the bill and I send him his old sensors that he could just have them put in when he gets new tires.

So it ends up being a win-win for both of us!

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Windex is all you need to clean these things. It's not real chrome. Just a plastic cover. Windex and a terry cloth are your friends lol.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Windex is all you need to clean these things. It's not real chrome. Just a plastic cover. Windex and a terry cloth are your friends lol.

THis, no strong cleaners. I can say if you had it, Fukken wax works awesome on chrome clads

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
THis, no strong cleaners. I can say if you had it, Fukken wax works awesome on chrome clads
Spray wax or hand wax them? I don't really want to wax them as I plan on Plastidipping them once it gets warm outside again.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So here are some pictures of my truck with the new wheels. There not the best pictures in the world and it is snowing like crazy here, but it's the best I can do for now. My poor truck needs to be cleaned so bad I feel bad for her. I've yet to give it a "full", proper detail since I've bought her. And I just got my 7" adjustable speed rotary buffer for Christmas that I'm so excited to use but again it's been to cold out and snowing to even attempt to use it. Plus I gotta get some foam and wool pads and the cut/Polish I want has to be special ordered [emoji22]

7c442acc6d442cd933b517a44d4c492c.jpgfbdf8c80ec37433de13e66db10260d49.jpg3861707f4647363665e6b025d5d179ec.jpg5ba1ea21b78bbae679ec84370d84173d.jpgd82970b217bb514cb7cf97a26fed1da7.jpge2a06a5d034c4213caac487b13996110.jpg75b7702f03b301f51e70ddf8cd76845f.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Spray wax or hand wax them? I don't really want to wax them as I plan on Plastidipping them once it gets warm outside again.

Fukken wax is a wax/cleaner. I was just saying it's awesome for cleaning chrome clads. At this point just use windex

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Side note. I wish we got the snow you did, less than a inch of snow here

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

DO NOT PUT CHROME POLISH ON THOSE!!!!!! they are just plastic covers the polish can cause the chrome to peel. Just use carwash soap or whatever u use to wash your truck then you can use wax on the chrome clads if u want. I use maguiars paste wax on the truck and chrome clads.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
DO NOT PUT CHROME POLISH ON THOSE!!!!!! they are just plastic covers the polish can cause the chrome to peel. Just use carwash soap or whatever u use to wash your truck then you can use wax on the chrome clads if u want. I use maguiars paste wax on the truck and chrome clads.

Yea that's what I thought. I used some sort of chrome cleaner on my old 2006 Ram 20" Laramie wheels (plastic chrome covers) and it caused them to get a bad white haze and they were all faded. Thank god I did one wheel at a time so it only happened to the one wheel. Also I was using it because I was cleaning them to plastidip them so that ended up covering up the white haze anyways.