Difference in 1999 and 2003 years A/C compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvsutton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My A/C compressor on my '99 1500 is leaking around the front, you can see where the oil is leaking out around the bolts on the top front. My local U-Auto-Pull-It had a 1/2 price sale the other day and so I went and pulled a good looking compressor from an '03 because the hoses and everything looked exactly the same as mine. Well when I got home I decided to check rock auto just for the hell of it and find out the 1994-2001 has a different compressor part number than the 2002-2004? They look just alike, I'm thinking the only difference could possibly be the size of the fittings for the hoses? I hope it's just a number difference and they are still interchangable.

With all that said, has anyone ever swapped out and put a compressor from a newer truck on?

Thanks for any insight on this.

RamV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
I have never swapped them but know they are both R134A compressors. Are the mounting brackets the same?
You can most likely go back to the wrecking yard & ask them to check their interchange book. That should tell you what it any differences there are. But if it will mount & the hose connections are the same run it.