Do You See Something Wrong Here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
WELL: U Know what happened: They checked the tailgate by Plugging in their Witech Tool to the OBD, said; "Could Not Duplicate", LMAO

Yep go figure just another lame ass excuse to try to charge money if they could

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Worth to do it yourself.
$8 and 15 minutes of my day is way better than driving 30 miles to the dealer and waiting all day.
Only issue is when you go to trade in the truck, it will still show it having an open recall. Any dealer will use an open recall as an excuse to lowball you on trade value.

if you plan to drive it till the wheels fall of, it’s not an issue.

I have not done mine yet. I was gonna do it myself, but thought about it and decided against it. I trade vehicles every few years, and don’t want to deal with that nonsense. I think while I’m out of work, I might drop my truck off at the dealership and have them do all open recalls just to get it out of the way. Won’t need a loaner now. Only thing I don’t want done is the auto park “feature”. I move my truck a lot with the door open in the driveway. **** on that nonsense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Only issue is when you go to trade in the truck, it will still show it having an open recall. Any dealer will use an open recall as an excuse to lowball you on trade value.

if you plan to drive it till the wheels fall of, it’s not an issue.

I have not done mine yet. I was gonna do it myself, but thought about it and decided against it. I trade vehicles every few years, and don’t want to deal with that nonsense. I think while I’m out of work, I might drop my truck off at the dealership and have them do all open recalls just to get it out of the way. Won’t need a loaner now. Only thing I don’t want done is the auto park “feature”. I move my truck a lot with the door open in the driveway. **** on that nonsense.
Good luck getting them to NOT perform a recall...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking of not doing....I had 96 Grand Cherokee that was recalled over 25 years later.
The recall was to inspect the trailer hitch and replace if it was bad or not present.
Apparently Jeeps have exploding gas tanks.
Anyway I took it in and told the guy I had a descent full hitch and a heavy gauge full gas tank skid.
Told them to call me before they do any work. An hour later they called me to pick up my Jeep.

They just replaced the hitch with nice new OEM one. Hey its money that they get to charge D. Chrysler.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Took the access panel off, left it home and then went to the dealer for the recall. You know, we here just might be a bit more competent than some dealership techs and it never hurts to check.

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck getting them to NOT perform a recall...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
The good thing is the auto park is not actually a “recall”. It is a “campaign” which is specifically defined as “not a safety concern” by FCA. I’ve been in already and instructed them to not do it. Before I get rid of the truck I might have it done, but not as long as I own it.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
The good thing is the auto park is not actually a “recall”. It is a “campaign” which is specifically defined as “not a safety concern” by FCA. I’ve been in already and instructed them to not do it. Before I get rid of the truck I might have it done, but not as long as I own it.

I just had all the recalls done o my truck since I finally had the time for it. The autopark one doesn't seem to work anyways lol. I've tested it a few times and only once the truck didn't move with door open out of like 10x