dodge ram stalls out first accleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
I have 2003 dodge ram 4.7 stick shift k&n drop airfilter gbison headers magnaflow high flow cats Gibson dual exhast cat back I change the fanclutch to electric fans 2 14 inch with flex lite termostat new coils new sparkplugs champion iridium new water pump new alternator new radiator calipers rotors new tps and and idle control valve clean throttle body always using 93 octane and full synthetic with lucasfull synthetic add at every oilchange car runs like a dream I have 1 problem I can't figure it out one is after starting the car car runs like ticking time bomb till 1 minuet then runs very smooth until I try to acclerate under load it try to stall out after review the engine to 3000rpm everything works fine without any problem then after I stop the engine for like 15 minuets start it back up does the same thing after reving to 3000 rpm then everything works like a dream again car has 167k inside the engine is super clean I'm thinking something wrong with the electrics anyone find a solution for this problem???

OP
OP
O

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
Does anyone have any idea what could be it's driving me crazy sometimes I will be trying to take of and forgeting reving the engine it gets bad thank god us stick shift o cannot even imagine if it was automatic transmission

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crankshaft position sensor

OP
OP
O

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
Okey I guess I'm changing that too thank you for your reply

boolinhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Install new oem crankshaft pos sensor and camshaft position sensor at the same time. Make sure you get dodge sensors. Also spray off the throttle body and maf

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do yourself a favor and replace those Iridium plugs with standard coppers...

These years Hemi and 4.7L really do not like the advanced spark plugs. Stick with the standard regular stuff.

Just saying.

OP
OP
O

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
Man I change the crank shaft position with autozone one now car starts stalls in 2 minuets never starts until I reset the computer fully then does the same thing stalls out and never comes bavk until reset again cranks fine just doesnt get fuel car was running perfect before except that one stall crank shaft position sensor was so stuck inside it take me 4 hours to drill it out later I find that casting around the block so warped new one didnt fit in I had to shave the new sensor down when I was geinding it tip of the sensor touch the grinding wheel for a sec but didnt do no damage on it . I'm gonna go get new crank and cam sensor reset my computer to stock tunning then try again I have p132 138 152 158 on the computer now those are o2 sensor high when I drill the crank shaftposition sensor I made sure I didnt drill the crankshaft and made sure nothing went in the motor after that change the oil even though it had 1000k on it one simple sensor chance take a full u turn to hell now I'm gonna change both sensors oem like I always do no need to take a chance at autozone

OP
OP
O

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
I did the cam and crankshaft position sensor both oem car works runs but I still have 132 152 138 158 code I have headers and magnaflow high cats I just put the oem 4 o2 sensor 2 months ago I chance the sparkplugs to copper and it's still same so I chance everything and problem is still there I hate this truck so much happen I chance 3 radiator one time fanclutch broke off even thgh it was year old oem waterpump break evrything around it didnt bother with fanclutch after that got a new electric fans bearings failed in front 3 times already only buy timkens offset on the rim is -12 chance the front axles 2 times never broke off always boots rips apart even though I never go offroad ever had a broking sparkplug 2 times on left cylinder head back 2 piston so I'm trying best but it's nothing but problems now airbaglight comes on even though we have recall theres no part for it even frame is rusting I think I gotta buy another one and swap all the parts I just put in new calipers brakes lines allaround too more I try to fix something something else gives out

OP
OP
O

ozturkebrahem

Reaction score
Ram Year
200e
Engine
And chance the clutch 3 times one at 135k chanced it with centerforce dual friction only lasted about 8k miles after that put a valeo at 143k that lasted about 2 weeks pressureplate bearing rip apart inside had to take it down again to put never everything again no problem since chance the hydrolic clutch master too u joints 2 times back and I drive very normal don't abuse the engine or car I think this truck was new Hampshire truck cuz off weather metal on the car got abused oh and I don't have to tell about the cancer on the back wheelwells

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441