Dual exhaust to single

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Lone Star
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll probably get crucified for this but duals aren't my style, I like the single better. I haven't looked at a Ram with a single exit exhaust but I know in 2009 they ran a single exit exhaust and some tradesman have the single exit. I know the motor is the same of course but I don't know about the headers. I'm just wondering if I can bolt up a single exit exhaust from a 2009 to my 2014. Thanks.

Also it says I just joined because I forgot my password and email to my old account.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you can, I did it. I took a stock single muffler and replaced my duals. All hangers lined up with no issues. I then put a turn down tip on it and the exhaust now dumps before the rear axle. You can't see anything.

OP
OP
T

TexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Lone Star
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright sounds good thanks! Super cool on the turn down. I was gonna weld up a bumper and I don't really like the duals anyways so cutting out holes for them is just a waste of time when I'd rather just run a single.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ILL TRADE YOU!!!!!! lol I want duals so bad I'm not a fan of 1500 single exaust, Hell If the 2500s came in a dual exhaust I'd be all over that

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright sounds good thanks! Super cool on the turn down. I was gonna weld up a bumper and I don't really like the duals anyways so cutting out holes for them is just a waste of time when I'd rather just run a single.

Great idea. I got rid of the duals for off road clearance and to allow the rear axle to have more space. I sold my dual for $ plus a stock single and spent $5 on the trundown that mounts to the stock muffler.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish my express with a hemi had the bumper the v6 expresses have. I like the clean look and I could run it turned down over the axle, lightning style, or Harley style out the passenger side rear. Can't justify the cost to swap tho