Electronic Exhaust Cutouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bball3936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I use my truck primarily for face to face visits with customers but also use it for personal activities as well. As quiet as these trucks are, I was trying to think of a way to enjoy the rumble of the HEMI on my personal time but keep it professional (quieter) when on business calls. As a result, I'm putting some research into installing a QTP cutout on my 2018 Laramie. Before I did, I wanted to ask for some feedback from those that have installed them in the past as to:
1 - Are you satisfied with the product
2 - Have you had any feedback from your dealerships regarding a void of warranty because of the installatuon.

Thank you for your feedback and/or if you have performed other alternatives that may provide a solution, please feel free to share.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a QTP cutout on mine. First one failed and was replaced. Haven’t had any issues with this one. Been installed close to 2 years. Quiet when needed and loud with the flip of a switch.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if we can help. We offer qtp. Check out their kit specifically made for the RAM!
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23720303-qtp-2009-2018-ram-1500-aggressor-cutout-pipe-kit.html

The Aggressor is an electric cutout pipe kit that is vehicle specific. We designed each application for the best clearance, sound and power. There's no need to figure out your install location, all of the guess work has been done for you. Most kits eliminate the need for any welding at all. Go from factory quiet to Aggressor riot! Simply bolt in and unleash hell. All systems are stainless steel and proudly made in the USA. With a touch of a button your vehicle can go from mild to WILD!!!!

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know if we can help. We offer qtp. Check out their kit specifically made for the RAM!
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23720303-qtp-2009-2018-ram-1500-aggressor-cutout-pipe-kit.html

The Aggressor is an electric cutout pipe kit that is vehicle specific. We designed each application for the best clearance, sound and power. There's no need to figure out your install location, all of the guess work has been done for you. Most kits eliminate the need for any welding at all. Go from factory quiet to Aggressor riot! Simply bolt in and unleash hell. All systems are stainless steel and proudly made in the USA. With a touch of a button your vehicle can go from mild to WILD!!!!

If u have a bolt on muffler like a Carven (my case) or Mufflex even ... and wanted to use the Agressor described above could you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes the aggressor kit mounts forward of the muffler up by the transfer case.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have had the QTP with the remote fob now for 2 years. i love it.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If u have a bolt on muffler like a Carven (my case) or Mufflex even ... and wanted to use the Agressor described above could you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it will work!

OP
OP
B

bball3936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thank you! Anyone have any feedback regarding warranty concerns from the dealership?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remember that cutouts are like any other moving part on your truck and have to be inspected and maintained periodically. You need to check for build up around the valve and make sure the valve opens and closes completely. Complaints usually center around the valve and the motor.
Jay