(Engine Chirping) Anyone have experience making a claim on the 100,000 mile/5 year Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time to name names, Bub...where should folks stay away from and where should they go?

TXCOMT

Zack02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Bub1971, make sure you do a Google, FB, etc, review. It helps out other customers! Gone are the times where you can be a ****; customer service is king today. Hence why Ram has someone, on a Ram forum, providing help.

OP
OP
B

Bub1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7
Agreed and will do. I'll provide update and review/recommendation of dealer here when its all done - keys in hand - vehicle back on the road. If in Pittsburgh..stay tuned..

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Great you found good dealer. I had same issue, not engine, but transmission shift solenoid, 2 of biggest dealers in my area wanted to charge that $98 fee and telling me not sure if it's covered because check engine light reset itself(was still stored in computer) . I escalated it because I would show up with check engine light on, tech would see it, then by time my appointment was available it went off. Dealers would talk to Ram support, then totally reverse what they were saying to support and act same way with me as before. So I finally found dealer who didn't bs, fixed it week later and went great. Dealer said, light doesn't need to be on, as long as there are stored codes.

OP
OP
B

Bub1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7
Got the truck back today with a NEW engine under that 5 year 100,000 mile Warranty. Feels good to be back behind the wheel. Bought the truck new at Three Rivers Dodge in Pittsburgh but when I brought it in for this warranty service issue things did not go well. To save myself the run around, I picked up the truck and took it to another dealership. I found a completely different experience at South Hills Dodge Ram in McMurray/Canonsburg PA No run around. No hourly fee. No false accusations. No bull. Just treated fairly. Diagnosed it to be engine issue and switched it out. Alex kept me in the loop and even provided a loaner while they did the work. I will definitely use these guys in the future and would recommend them to anyone looking to buy or service a vehicle. To those with warranty issues - don't give up. Dealerships are not all equal.

truck.jpg