Engine misses inconsistantly

5.7 seems to misfire at times

• Engine misfire

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Rough running

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desertdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '13 5.7 seems to slip into a misfire condition, usually at lighter load. Almost seems like a coil or 2 drops out, then comes back on again. Reminds me of engines with cylinder banks that drop out under lighter load. Hemi's don't do this normally, do they?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Multi cylinder displacement. At given load it will cut cylinders off until it gets passed given load and then it will turn V8 mode back on. A way to test this and make sure it is in fact mds kicking in and out is to put it in manual mode. Set it to your highest gear while still staying in manual and see if it does or doesn't do it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I suspected the engine could drop cylinders at light loads, but didn't research it further. Duh!
Thanks.

I just seen this, hey dawg, run codes before you do your redline test. If you have a misfire, paired with the issues you are having hemi tick, it is possible your cam lob is missing the roller. Very common issue here. Run the codes, many places do it free, and look for misfire. Hopefully not, but if so drop redline test and shoot me a PM with the code.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Burla,
Just tested; no codes past or pending. Yes!
Going to run it in tow mode tomorrow to see if it continues. Will post my results.

Or manual mode, but I prefer tow haul as well. I drove in tow haul for 7+ years, til I used c+ in transmision, shudder went away after that.