Factory Dash switches for Off-Road lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xEnthusiast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone. So I just bought my 3rd Ram. Picked up an '03 1500 Laramie 4x4. I'm lookin' to install a few sets of KC lights and a brush guard. On the lower area of my dash, there are switches that control my heated seats, as seen in the pictures. I'd like to use the additional switch spots to control my aftermarket lights. Is there any way to find 2 functional switches to replace those extra switch caps? Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 129

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think it would be possible to modify the dummy rocker to be functional. Then it would be just a matter of mounting a switch underneath the dummy. I never messed with a 2003, but on my truck and a couple previous vehicles it was possible to make the dummies functional. Basically you take the dummy and a functional switch out, then compare them. Identify the tabs that prevent the dummy from moving and grind them off. You might be able to find a rocker to mount underneath, but I suspect it might be easier to mount 2 push button switches. 1 for bottom and 1 for the top.