Few stupid questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now, what are those tabs sticking out by my rear seats? Do they somehow fold down?

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ANYTHING ON THOSE STRAPS BEHIND THE REAR SEATS?

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now, what are those tabs sticking out by my rear seats? Do they somehow fold down?

If you're referring to the vinyl handles pointing up from behind the seat, I believe that's for kids car seat. To hook the strap when the seat faces fwd. That's my best guess as the seat doesn't normaly fold down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its on the top though

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, didn't phrase that well. They are towards the top of the seat. Behind the head rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I'm gonna keep this thread open for answers to my stupid questions.

jacobsmudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 express 4x2 6at reg cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a regular cab express with the manual rear window. When my truck is in defrost I can definitely hear air moving behind me, presumably over the rear window. Being a regular cab, it's right behind me so it's pretty noticeable.

tempotantrum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The nylon tethers behind the rear seats are for child seats. Page 57 in the 2017 owners manual.

guyc66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know, mine doesn't have that... Guess I don't have defrost! Lol
I would look in the Owner's Manual to see what cavity the rear defroster fuse (should be a 30 Amp Pink) is located in the Power Distribution Center (a.k.a. fuse box) and then check under the hood to see if you have one.....if so, then you have rear defrost. In my 2016 RAM 1500 Bighorn the rear defroster fuse is located in cavity F36. It's probably the only way to know for sure.....

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have the defrost wires going across the window bro

guyc66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have the defrost wires going across the window bro
My truck has rear defrost and I can't see the wires either. I'm not sure if they just have the wires running around the outside "non-visible" part of the glass or exactly how it works. Either way, my truck came with the 30 amp fuse in the rear defrost section of the fuse box and it works somehow. My rear defrost button is on the Uconnect 8.4 touchscreen and also on the dash panel faceplate.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck has rear defrost and I can't see the wires either. I'm not sure if they just have the wires running around the outside "non-visible" part of the glass or exactly how it works. Either way, my truck came with the 30 amp fuse in the rear defrost section of the fuse box and it works somehow. My rear defrost button is on the Uconnect 8.4 touchscreen and also on the dash panel faceplate.

That's what I thought but another guy on here stated thats for the side mirrors defrost

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the pull taps behind the rear seat head rests are for child safety seats, I have them and mine don't fold down

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I thought but another guy on here stated thats for the side mirrors defrost

Thats right, that button turns on the mirror heaters. If you have a rear defroster option, it will also turn them on. Your build/option sheet should list it and you should see thin wires in the rear window, if you have it.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a regular cab express with the manual rear window. When my truck is in defrost I can definitely hear air moving behind me, presumably over the rear window. Being a regular cab, it's right behind me so it's pretty noticeable.

That may be the air moving up over the windshield, across the roof, and down the rear window, which one wouldn't notice in a longer cab or regular car.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deleted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk