Front Right Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is driving me crazy! I hear a rattle over small bumps somewhere in the front right of the truck. I can't tell if it is interior or exterior. It almost sounds like it could be interior but I can't seem to locate what the damn noise is. I've tried tie-strapping something down under the hood that I thought may have been the problem...fail...I've tried placing some foam under the passenger dash board/glove compartment...fail...Has anyone experienced rattling in this area of the truck? I'm thinking of taking it to the dealer, but I'd have to take a tech for a drive to show him what I'm talking about. Only 6,000 miles! The rest of the truck is tight.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I might know what you mean is it kind of squeaky like higher pitch too? I replaced shocks and struts and thought that may be it but it did not change. I also feel as though it is coming from from over near the right front tire. If I have radio and climate control off I hear it.

$miley

OP
OP
Picton

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I might know what you mean is it kind of squeaky like higher pitch too? I replaced shocks and struts and thought that may be it but it did not change. I also feel as though it is coming from from over near the right front tire. If I have radio and climate control off I hear it.

$miley

Thanks for the reply...No I can't say it is a higher pitch or squeaky sound...it sounds like something is hitting plastic when the truck jolts...it doesn't have to be large bumps either.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have trouble explaining sounds but I would assume it is same thing maybe I can put up a vid so we can compare.

$miley

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine was making the same noise, but from the front left side. I heard it every time I hit a bump in the road or went over railroad tracks. It did it for 3 days or so, but I haven't heard it at all the last couple days so hopefully it went away for good.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
didn't you put on an aftermarket cai? check to see if it isn't something with that? I had a cai on my 05 and the mounting bolt broke and the cai rubbed on the rubber grommet for the opening to the shield and it squeaked.

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know my truck isnt a 4th gen but i have a squeak in the front of mine too. whenever i hit a bump or turn the wheel it squeaks pretty loud. its starting to drive me nuts!

OP
OP
Picton

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Its driving me nuts too...I guess I'm gonna have to take a dealer tech for a ride.

white heat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is driving me crazy! I hear a rattle over small bumps somewhere in the front right of the truck. I can't tell if it is interior or exterior. It almost sounds like it could be interior but I can't seem to locate what the damn noise is. I've tried tie-strapping something down under the hood that I thought may have been the problem...fail...I've tried placing some foam under the passenger dash board/glove compartment...fail...Has anyone experienced rattling in this area of the truck? I'm thinking of taking it to the dealer, but I'd have to take a tech for a drive to show him what I'm talking about. Only 6,000 miles! The rest of the truck is tight.

I have the same noise i have a 12 express 1500 4000 miles. I cant find it and its driving me crazy . I have taken out the glove box and went for a ride failed. I removed everything from the cab failed. I have pushed on the dash while its making the noise failed.Pushed on windshield failed .Pushed on radio failed . My noise starts off faint then gets louder as i get moving its not to loud but just enough to make you insane. Im starting to think i have a small leak in the windshield gasket and its a vacume noise or air rattle im hearing. It sounds like its rite in front of me on right side upper dash area but i cant pinpoint it and i know the dealer will not find anything unless its clearley broken. I may bring it to a auto glass shop and have them do a smoke /pressure test on the cab to see if they can find a leak in the gasket .I just dont know what to do

mrtosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is creaking from the passenger dash area. I can apply pressure to the dash and it goes away. There's another issue with some clips on the windshield that are worth looking at as well.
Here's a link to the clips I was talking about.
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=126605

spill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had something similar start about a week after I bought my '12 in October. Passenger side rattle/noise...sounded like it was coming from the dash or wheelwell area. Kind of sounded like something was rolling around in the pocket on the passenger side door. Took everything out of the truck to make sure it wasn't crap rattling around. Seemed to be easiest to reproduce when the truck shifted weight, particularly going down levels in my office parking garage.

Took a service guy on a ride and he heard it. Left it with them and they found that it was a loose cab bolt. Picked it up the next day and haven't heard it since.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the same noise from left front of my 12 express. Sounds like a light pop, maybe a harness hitting the fire wall or something every time I go over a bump. Started about a few weeks ago. Dug around an couldn't find anything loose. I drove over a speed bump at different angles and it definetly only 'pops' when the left front flexes. Pretty sure it's a suspesion issue. Off to the dealership

Kill sumtin dead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 12 express just a little over 700 miles on it and it is rattling also. I thought it sounded like something in the wheel area. Wasn't sure if it was something worth worrying about.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a rattle and figured out it was the mount for the CAI. Bolt just got loose enough to create a rattle. Maybe that will help.

OP
OP
Picton

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a rattle and figured out it was the mount for the CAI. Bolt just got loose enough to create a rattle. Maybe that will help.

Turns out that was my exact problem.

Dale_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try removing the lower glove compartment box. I had a rattle when the truck hits bumps that shake it from side to side. It goes away when I take out the glove box. I don't understand because the glove box door is such a simple mechanism and I can't see how it's hitting anything.

Just lower the door and flex the sides inward to clear the stops and the door just falls out.

jtheruler79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the same passenger side rattle. It has drives me nuts!! I only notice it on cooler mornings and it seems to be coming from the bottom corner of the windshield. It has been to the dealer twice for this issue with no resolution.

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG. I thought i was the only one..
I have an 12' 2500 4x4
i got the same noise. took me forever to find it

BUT I DID.....
It was the front right body mount bolt behind the bumper..
i could rock the truck sitting in the driveway and get the noise.
i would grab the front body mount and it would stop.
i removed the bolt and could see very slight wear on the shaft of the bolt where it was rubbing . i applied some grease to the bolt and re installed
NO MORE NOISE.....

Maybe try there...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine WAS a suspension issue. Took it to the dealership and 7 trips later they fixed the problem. But before they did they replaced lthe eft side sway bar link, struts, lower control arm, then finally the upper control arm was bad and was making the noises. As many vehicles that they do warranty work on they said they have never heard anything like it and had no idea what it was. They ended driving my truck around with "bunny ears" which were headphones attached to sensors they put all over my suspension to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. Craziest thing I ever seen. Quite frustrating though, all the trips up there and having to drive a Hyundai loaner for a day. But all is well now

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn I would've started to spray bushings down with a lubricant till i stopped hearing it. Save some time and money for the customer lol