FYI Window Washer Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Purchased Rainex all Weather washer fluid and filled the reservoir. Sometime later was on a trip and it was getting low, topped it off with regular washer fluid, after a bit my washers wouldn't work, pulled the tank apart and low and behold the Rainex had turned to snot, so I guess it's not compatible with the standard washer fluid. Comments?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do a search in the forum, lots of discussion on this. Have to use only approved type, suggest OEM fluid.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive used rain-x in every vehicle i owned including both my rams and rain-x washer fluid is the only fluid I'll use. I never had a problem with it ever

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
one type of Rain-X will eat up plexiglas, just ask a motorcyclist that has been riding for more than a few years.

One type of Rain-X does gum up Ram windshield Washer Pumps

Some Rain-X works perfectly in the Windshield Washer Reservoir

There have been more than one conversation on this forum about it

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't use any Rain-X product, only use the blue stuff, or OEM there is an additive called Heet antifreeze to bring it down close to O Fahrenheit to prevent freezing.

Last edited:

Tomkay44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 CYLINDER GAS
I let mine run dry in my 2020 1500 because they never top it off or tell you it's low when they do the alleged 24 point check when I get my oil changed at the dealer. Bought Rainex because it was basically the same price as the blue, filled it up, and now, everything sounds great when I press the washer fluid button with my truck running but nothing comes out. It also leaks a bunch but only if I run the washer. Everything that's supposed to go on my windshield leaks out at the reservoir. It doesn't leak if I don't run the washer.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I only run the purple -30F stuff. Whatever brand Menard's sells. Works good. Never had a problem.