Galaxy S5 and Uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is good news guys. I wish I could get the nice new lollipop but well, the folks at AT&T are less than stellar and as of now, it is not ready.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long pickupman66. In will admit that it does take a little getting used to.

sgdaher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cannot believe it took this long to get this thing fixed , I am really happy now that I can make outgoing calls without resetting my BT each time.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That's awesome! I didn't need to make many calls from the truck yesterday but every one I did worked like it should. Its about time they got this working like it should.

sgdaher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been calling for the hell of calling and not one single audio loss. I am happy as a pig is ****

sgdaher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For weeks now maybe a month without a single failure. life is so much better. The less stresses one has in a big city like Houston, TX while driving the better
I just want to know WTF took so long :-D

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
For weeks now maybe a month without a single failure. life is so much better. The less stresses one has in a big city like Houston, TX while driving the better
I just want to know WTF took so long :-D
IKR!! I still keep waiting for that first call to fail but so far its been flawless since the update. So glad they finally figured out how to fix it. And glad I waited too... I was almost to the point that I was going to change out the hu with an aftermarket.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is awesome to see....Finally received the Lollipop upgrade from Big Red last night on my Note3....Fingers crossed......

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
No joy....Uconnect refuses connection to device even after inputting code many times....:(

Ch

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No joy....Uconnect refuses connection to device even after inputting code many times....:(

Ch

Man, that is so weird.... My S5 has been flawless since the upgrade to lollipop. I wish I could think of something else for you to try...

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a stock Verizon Galaxy S5 with lollipop, and i'm noticing a problem with text messaging. I have disabled phone lock but Using the stock message + with lock screen text message popup enable., My 8.5 A has a current subscription, and i will receive a new text message just fine, It announces the message and who its from and I can ask it to read it and then reply. However, subsequent messages from the same person - my wife - are received on the phone just fine but UConnect does not notice it. I have to manually select phone/messages to see the new message on the display. Has anyone else seen this condition where only the first message from a contact is announced but the next ones are not? Also I haven't found a workaround to updating the contacts w/o deleting my paring and re-pair, so if there is a better way.can someone let me know. Thanks!! My Ram: 2014 Big Horn, 5.7, 8 sp, Extreme Steel, 8.5A - had code added for NAV, 3.5 EVIC (want to update to the premium sometime) added homelink to existing overhead, LED interior, added rear view camera via jeepguy and allmoparparts parts.

SWH6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better late than never

So I did some quick looking online and it turns out this is an issue with a lot of vehicles not just the Chrysler products. The only possible band-aid I could find was this:

Clear Bluetooth Cache and Data
From a Home screen, tap Apps.
Find the Settings icon and tap on it.
Scroll to Applications section and tap Application Manager.
Swipe left or right to display contents of All tab.
Scroll to and tap Bluetooth.
Tap Force Stop button.
Tap Clear Cache.
Tap Clear Data, and then OK.
Reboot your Galaxy S5.

After doing this procedure, pair your phone with your car or other BT devices and see if they can establish a good connection.

Now, to help you locking Bluetooth connection between your devices, download and install the Bluetooth Auto Connect application from the Play Store. Don't worry it's free and it's effective.

I will post back after a few days with results...

I know it has been awhile since this problem was brought up, I followed the directions above along with deleting all contacts on the truck & deleting all email accounts on my phone but one. Guessing the truck was having an issue with multiple accounts. Works like a charm now!

P.S. I didn't have to install the app mentioned above.

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the phonebook issue. I tried multiple times to connect my S5 to my 16 Sport and while the phone does connect, the texting works, the phone functions work...the phonebook only uploads 19 contats. It is always the same 19, it never changes. My wife's iPhone 5 connects with out issue and all the contacts are available in the phonebook. I have tried the Clear Bluetooth trick a few times, no luck. Any other ideas?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having the phonebook issue. I tried multiple times to connect my S5 to my 16 Sport and while the phone does connect, the texting works, the phone functions work...the phonebook only uploads 19 contats. It is always the same 19, it never changes. My wife's iPhone 5 connects with out issue and all the contacts are available in the phonebook. I have tried the Clear Bluetooth trick a few times, no luck. Any other ideas?
I have a 15 RA4 8.4NA in my 2014 Ram , my contacts automatically populate from my S5 .

Go to your phones blutooth settings

becbc175b67da35ecb6193bb24c2838f.jpg

Then select the settings gear to the right of the paired device you want to change

56702d09dbb3cfe918f508c151f762be.jpg

This is what my settings are set to and my phone book / 780 contacts auto load into my radio in about 20 seconds after I start truck .

33a382d96209e1a7af52ef85411f963f.jpg

Fwiw this is my software status on my S5

2466c3b748bee091a287542809505ee3.jpg

Hope this helps !

Last edited: