Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got in my new alpharex pro g2 headlights and my amazon led fogs. Really dressed the front end up! The sequential turns and the switch backs and the start up/shut down knight rider style sequence is cool too.

here’s a couple before and after.

8FFC8140-F4A6-4499-B5DF-DB0A78333BA7.jpeg

EA8970E9-56FC-4C57-929A-EC83BBF1F3B4.jpeg

9E962EC2-874E-44F0-A2A5-9F268BACB60F.jpeg

17F4D1F4-BF2C-4F2C-8258-E1915F68D0EB.jpeg

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
It does give it a new look. Pretty cool!

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks good

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. They weren’t “cheap” but they also weren’t as expensive as something like Morimotos (no offense to anyone that has them, they are great looking lights aswell). But they are a worth while upgrade that really change the look up, So far I am pleased with the lights

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
I love the STD CAB SWB trucks. My first two pickups were standard cab swb both ford and chevy. My complements to you on a fine choice. It's kind of like a 2 seater sports car with a bed to haul stuff. LOL Makes me think I should have got another one myself.

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the STD CAB SWB trucks. My first two pickups were standard cab swb both ford and chevy. My complements to you on a fine choice. It's kind of like a 2 seater sports car with a bed to haul stuff. LOL Makes me think I should have got another one myself.
Thanks!, I previously had an 11 quad cab and loved it. This time around I decided since the kids are older and I don’t need car seats and since the wife still has a family suv .... I wanted to get into another regular cab. I’ve always been more comfortable driving them, they are a little more nimble, a little more spunky , a little more efficient and to me personally I love the look of them more. Normally I jack my 4x4’s up but this time around I’m thinking I won’t because it keeps a nice sporty look but I can still get around fine in these Michigan winters lol.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Huge difference in looks just changing the lights. I like it.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Looks great!

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great . I’ve been looking into them as well. How’s the light output compared to OEM ?

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great . I’ve been looking into them as well. How’s the light output compared to OEM ?
With the bulbs that came with them I’d say output was equal to stock. I put leds in the highs and lows and I’ve got probably close to triple the output out of them compared to factory. Good cutoff aswell

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
@XXSNOTRODXX , I'm in the same boat with my truck. The stock quad beam lights are adequate but I really want to dress the front end up a bit. I want to upgrade to a projector style light but the good ones are spendy. I have narrowed it down to the OEM black quad housings (if I want to stay non-projector) and the same Alpharex lights as you have. I am currently running yellow Alla LEDs in the factory fogs but I bought the black TruLux style LED housings. I think it would look weird to have LED fogs but incandescent headlights. The difference in color temp would drive me crazy. I guess I'll save for a while longs so I can change both the fogs and headlights at the same time.

You truck looks great! Of course I'm partial to the RCSB trucks :D

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@XXSNOTRODXX , I'm in the same boat with my truck. The stock quad beam lights are adequate but I really want to dress the front end up a bit. I want to upgrade to a projector style light but the good ones are spendy. I have narrowed it down to the OEM black quad housings (if I want to stay non-projector) and the same Alpharex lights as you have. I am currently running yellow Alla LEDs in the factory fogs but I bought the black TruLux style LED housings. I think it would look weird to have LED fogs but incandescent headlights. The difference in color temp would drive me crazy. I guess I'll save for a while longs so I can change both the fogs and headlights at the same time.

You truck looks great! Of course I'm partial to the RCSB trucks :D
Seriously, buy these. They are great quality and I believe someone told me that the projectors used are either the same or very similar to the ones used by morimoto. The projectors have good cutoff, light output is excellent also. Quality leds and the diffusers for the leds look good... not like
on the cheap headlights where you see the individual leds easily through the diffuser. I did upgrade my bulbs to h7 leds highs and lows and they go well with my led fogs and are the same
Temperature. Very bright. Easily 3 times the output over factory I would say. I’ve got videos of them but unfortunately it won’t let
Me share. But I’ll include a couple screen shots from the video.

D5AE652B-CF58-474A-B585-26B43E0C9770.png

CED72E02-0B93-4F22-8095-1F6B552D14F4.png

65176E0E-9C60-4F4D-A732-E33B2A6D2987.png

EBA03399-C4A9-46E8-9D61-54EA8A319F5D.jpeg

Reactions: JB1

VanCitySteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously, buy these. They are great quality and I believe someone told me that the projectors used are either the same or very similar to the ones used by morimoto. The projectors have good cutoff, light output is excellent also. Quality leds and the diffusers for the leds look good... not like
on the cheap headlights where you see the individual leds easily through the diffuser. I did upgrade my bulbs to h7 leds highs and lows and they go well with my led fogs and are the same
Temperature. Very bright. Easily 3 times the output over factory I would say. I’ve got videos of them but unfortunately it won’t let
Me share. But I’ll include a couple screen shots from the video.

Love this setup and hoping to run the same. Did you have any issues with error codes/special wiring required or was it plug and play? And if you dont mind my asking what led bulbs did you go with for highs/lows?

OP
OP
XXSNOTRODXX

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was all plug and play for me aside from I have the premium 7” evic and I was getting parking light bulb out errors. I wasn’t able to get rid of it with alphaobd like most that have that issue so have to run a resistor.

But that’s not so much an issue with the headlights themselves as it is an issue with my truck being picky and would happen with pretty much any switch back parking light I were to use. And atleast its an inexpensive fix.

As for special wiring, the only special wiring is if you want to run the dedicated DRL harness that comes with it but it’s pretty basic straight forward wiring. The only thing I would recommend is for a cleaner install to make sure to have a micro2fuse tap on hand for where they want you to tap into fuse f66 to power the DRL module. They have instructions on their website if you want to see what is involved in advance.

As for the headlights, I am using h7 aukee leds.
Not top of the line but they had goo reviews on amazon and I was able to pick up all 4 for around $50 which I though was worth the gamble. As it turned out the gamble paid off because they are pretty damn nice lights!.