going to dealer for exhaust leak. problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got mine back too.
At first is was NOT covered under factory warranty, but it was under my lifetime warranty. I just needed to pay my deductible. Luckily I got the info from you guys first and I asked him to look into it for me because I was told that it should be covered under my factory warranty and fixed no charge.
I called him back about an hour later and he said he was able to run it under a different code and it'll be fixed under warranty. Whatever. I do not know if there was any truth to that or if I agreed to pay my deductible if he would have found out that its actually a no charge fix. Don't know, don't care.

I attached the invoice for the repairs made. Sounds like the repair did not go smoothly for him. I didn't look at the paperwork till I was just about to drive away (I was on my lunch break and was already running late) so i was not able to ask; I am really curious as to what "aftermarket 4 wheel drive braket" he needed to remove. The only thing that's aftermarket in that area are my shocks. Would he need to remove my shock to do the repair? If so why would he call it that? He's a master technician!

Also my motor is soo much quieter now! It was embarrassing loud before I took it in for repair. I thought the leak just happened, and I took it to the dealer the first chance I got. But hearing it now, its obviously been leaking somewhere around the manifold for quite sometime and I just thought it was the hemi tick or something along those lines. I never understood how someone didn't know if they had an engine noise or an exhaust leak. I now know how similar they sound.

Attachments

• 20161209_213257.jpg
    20161209_213257.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: