Going to install Edge Racing Torque converter, looking for pointers, tips, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
So I went to Moe's site and it shows that the Edge is only available >= 2014. What options are there for a 2600-2800 stall TC for a 2015?
There is one converter available for the 8 speed but from talking with the tuners it's not really needed like it was with the 5/6 speeds.

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TC is getting installed today. Dropped truck off at local transmission shop....

He quoted 4.5hrs work, was reasonable, very nice, knowledgeable. Our machinist at work knows the father and son business for almost 20 years, I personally got the strong impression while he may not have done this exact Edge racing converter on a 2012 Ram that he has done many o many converters before. As I mentioned the important points of not breaking pump on remounting bell housing, measuring stock converter as reference point for new one, filling with fluid he was saying the words with me as he already knows.

End of day!!! Pretty stoked to feel the difference :)

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welp...Its def a noticeable jump in torque feeling thats for sure. Overall happy with this mod :) Besides the re-aligning my exhaust pipes when I get home tonight everything went great. The AR Y-pipe caused them to have to undo my exhaust from the rear on up. Oh well, I have been wanting to loosen all the clamps and take my resonator out and block a portion of the perforated holes inside to get back some of the raspyness I lost after installing it.

Once she hits 2800 she launches :)