Got the new truck bug...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really debating about trading my truck on a 4wd Express. Do i absolutely have to have 4wd...NO...would I use it..YES.

Found a 2015 black express 4x4. 3.92 gears of course the 8-speed. MSRP is like 39k..Internet price is 35k. Wondering how much cheaper I could get it.

Just trying to decide if I wanna get another 4wd, then the mods will start all over again.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Keep your 2012, it's still new in my opinion. And by the time your 2012 is old and wore out the Rams will be even faster with more horse power and will probably have a 10 or 12 speed tranny.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
go for the new rig... love my Black Edition Express!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my 14 Express 4X4 Quad Cab loaded.......at least as an Express goes....... got the 5.0 RA2, CD changer, backup camera, 3:92 L.S.D. differential 8 speed, tow package with trailer brake, E.C.T. Truck sticker price was 39k got it for 29k. Got 4k of in incentives and 6k markdown from dealer.

OP
OP
A

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my 14 Express 4X4 Quad Cab loaded.......at least as an Express goes....... got the 5.0 RA2, CD changer, backup camera, 3:92 L.S.D. differential 8 speed, tow package with trailer brake, E.C.T. Truck sticker price was 39k got it for 29k. Got 4k of in incentives and 6k markdown from dealer.

Now if I could get it for 29k I would prolly have to bite. The dealer is 45 minutes away, may ride over after work just let them throw me a price at my truck.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That seems kind of expensive for an Express or do the options really add up? My Laramie was $35k plus TT&L after deals/incentives.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took some haggling but you can get it done. The rebates helped out a lot. They usually have them around this time of year. The dealer has a lot more room in the price than they would like us to think. Took me a week of back and forth B.S. If they know you are serious the will deal. Check and see if you are eligible for any discounts like your employer or maybe a military service discount E.C.T. I was able to get a little more off because I am a COSTCO member here. It's just a big membership store but they have a program with car dealers.

OP
OP
A

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That seems kind of expensive for an Express or do the options really add up? My Laramie was $35k plus TT&L after deals/incentives.

I'm trying to upload the dealer tag now..The shot from there website show that the trees in the background are dead. That means this truck has been sitting since at least Feb or March.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with you a 100% I regretted not buying a higher trim level as soon as I got the truck. Getting ready to retire and didn't want to spend to much. You get a lot more for your money with a Bighorn or other higher trim level. I have spent a ton upgrading my truck and I am happy with it now. Thanks to this forum and others I have been able to pretty much add every factory option all of the way down to the custom upholstered leather Laramie sport seats 8.4 Nav premium cluster E.C.T......but I payed a lot more than of I would have just bought what I wanted. .....lesson learned will never happen again.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I agree with you a 100% I regretted not buying a higher trim level as soon as I got the truck. Getting ready to retire and didn't want to spend to much. You get a lot more for your money with a Bighorn or other higher trim level. I have spent a ton upgrading my truck and I am happy with it now. Thanks to this forum and others I have been able to pretty much add every factory option all of the way down to the custom upholstered leather Laramie sport seats 8.4 Nav premium cluster E.C.T......but I payed a lot more than of I would have just bought what I wanted. .....lesson learned will never happen again.

Don't feel too bad. I think it's worse to get everything you wanted only to realize you should have added the 3.92 gears. A lot of the options are things I could do myself but gears are a highly skilled install. Kicking myself too! $50 option...

OP
OP
A

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't feel too bad. I think it's worse to get everything you wanted only to realize you should have added the 3.92 gears. A lot of the options are things I could do myself but gears are a highly skilled install. Kicking myself too! $50 option...

I'm glad my current 12 has the 3.92s. I test drove a new Silverado with 3.08 gears and it felt like it has lost it's balls.

I'm gonna go gander at the truck this evening. My 12 only has 42k miles on it. A nice touch of aftermarket..I just know if I mention trading this in there gonna offer something that will make me mad haha.

My mod list If I was gonna have for this truck was about to get expensive.
R/t badge (poser I know)
Tune
Headers
Stall
AFter I did that I would just wanna keep it...too much would be invested.

I'm also kinda curious about the Rebel..but lawd knows those will be pricey.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a nice looking truck! That would be a tough decision. The new trucks do have more features and are easily upgraded like I have done to mine. The 4X4 is nice to have as well. Good luck.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you willing to spend $35k, look at a 4x4 Longhorn....I paid $33k for my 2WD, just got it Saturday

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I think he meant Big Horn. I paid $35k for my 2015 Big Horn crew cab a couple weeks ago. I also got the lifetime warranty for $3000.

The interior is an upgrade over the Express. I chose the Big Horn because I didn't want leather, but I did want a lot of bells and whistles (navigation, premium instrument cluster, and Alpine audio upgrade).

zavaral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In tx they dont have the big horn trim package. The call it a longhorn. Its the same thing jjst Texas is apparently "special"

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Archaic2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I think he meant Big Horn. I paid $35k for my 2015 Big Horn crew cab a couple weeks ago. I also got the lifetime warranty for $3000.

The interior is an upgrade over the Express. I chose the Big Horn because I didn't want leather, but I did want a lot of bells and whistles (navigation, premium instrument cluster, and Alpine audio upgrade).

Only thing about the big horn is I don't want the Chrome bumpers. I want the color matched bumpers and grill.

Which to get the really nice interior leads to the sport models..and most Sport models 4wd are in the mid 40s..prolly high 30's after rebates. lol it just keeps adding up.

I just know I want 4wd..Anyone know when the Rebel is due to hit the lots?