Headlight bulb change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I am doing a bulb change I just ordered an led kit to change over. Is there any possible way to change the bulbs without pulling the headlights out. I live in Canada and it’s cold now I don’t want to park it in a shop for a few hours before I even start just so it’s work and I don’t break anything. I hope I can reach in and do it without removal, I was just wondering if anyone has done it without all the extra work.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am doing a bulb change I just ordered an led kit to change over. Is there any possible way to change the bulbs without pulling the headlights out. I live in Canada and it’s cold now I don’t want to park it in a shop for a few hours before I even start just so it’s work and I don’t break anything. I hope I can reach in and do it without removal, I was just wondering if anyone has done it without all the extra work.
From what ive seen its not like 3rs gen and need to take it out.

May I ask what vehicle and kit? I'm looking for one right now.
Mine's 2019 classic express night edition

OP
OP
R

Ryley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
11 slt and led kit from headlight revolution it’s the gtr ultra 2. It was rather expensive but it’s Supposedly the best on the market or you can watch the YouTube vids they review tons and You can decide for yourself

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you check RamForums.com and search for Big Daddy, he has a video where you unlock the tab behind the headlight housings in the wheel well and then use a 10mm socket on a long extension and supposedly you can take the headlight out without removing the grill. That’s supposed to be the fastest and easiest method. I’ve never tried it. I just take the grill and everything out and it takes about 10 minutes.

OP
OP
R

Ryley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I have the single light tho so I’m hoping I can reach in and do it... I’m going to try when they get here

OP
OP
R

Ryley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Yes but I don’t want to pull the lights I have a feeling you can just reach in and everyone is over thinking a simple job

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't believe there is anyway possible to change the bulb by going through the catch release door in the wheel well. Not sure if the reflector headlights have a dust cover, but the projector lights do, and I see NO way to change the headlight bulb w/o removing the light housing itself. More power to you if you can do it.

OP
OP
R

Ryley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
The reflector lights don’t have covers... I’m so impatient with this stuff I wish the lights were here

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I guess you could do it if you rip out the fender wheel well liners... *shrug*

Hilldweller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 2011 Power Wagon and you could open the hatch, undo the clip, and then reach in to swap the bulbs.

....so I was really surprised this morning when I couldn't do that on my new 1500 Classic. Had to Google it to see if I was crazy or stupid or what.

BTW, new laws go into effect soon that make manufacturers design headlights that are serviceable without tools (if they have bulbs). So the new LED lights will be exempt but new halogen units will be easy to replace bulbs.