HELLCAT fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reputable source by word of mouth at Auburn hills:

There will be a hellcat 1500 and Cherokee. I have zero proof to provide, so I can understand the doubters. I'm only sharing what I'm told .

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Horsepower kings is a joke of a source. They're terrible about blowing things way out of proportion or completely exaggerating.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
We've already been told at SF10 that the Jeep will be coming down the line but they need to get IHI to turn out the blowers at a rate that they can meet the needs of all 3 product lines, which is where the current hold up is on the Charger and Challenger.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We've already been told at SF10 that the Jeep will be coming down the line but they need to get IHI to turn out the blowers at a rate that they can meet the needs of all 3 product lines, which is where the current hold up is on the Charger and Challenger.

Shoulda used Whipple lol.

If they do decide to build a Hellcat Ram, I will most certainly be in line for one. That said, Chrysler has officially said "not at this time."

I could see one coming out here in a few years, but not anytime soon.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Whipple didn't meet their TQM requirements unfortunately.

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was not given a timeline, just that it wasn't a concept, it's a reality.
I'm anticipating 2017 model year.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Total quality management. It's a review of each step of the supply chain used by all the big auto manufacturers that covers supply ability, reliability, supplier's vendors, and everything that is used from the main shell to the bolts used. IHI has a better score and was thought to be sufficient for the expected demand ... problem is the demand was much higher than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
"Didn't meet our TQM standards" can sometimes mean "one side got butthurt about something during contract negotiations, and things fell apart from there". Not saying that's what happened here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
"Didn't meet our TQM standards" can sometimes mean "one side got butthurt about something during contract negotiations, and things fell apart from there". Not saying that's what happened here, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Hahahaha, this I believe.

BigDaddyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sigh....my wife is going to kill me. whether the 1500 Hellcat comes out in 2017 or 2020 it has been nice knowing yall this short time. and i WAS planning on keeping my current truck for ten years.....as long as the 1500 Hellcat comes out in 2024 or later, i guess i will have kept my promise LOL:driver:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Shut up and take my money!

sigh....my wife is going to kill me. whether the 1500 Hellcat comes out in 2017 or 2020 it has been nice knowing yall this short time. and i WAS planning on keeping my current truck for ten years.....as long as the 1500 Hellcat comes out in 2024 or later, i guess i will have kept my promise LOL:driver:

Same boat wife would kill me I don't even think devorce would be a option lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 72

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Interesting that Ford would approve Whipple for a higher quantity of blowers than Chrystler needed for the Hellcats...

It's possible that it just didn't meet one of their specs, there's a whole lot of things to consider than just the end product, like who supplies their parts. I don't know why it failed and the guy my friend was talking to at SF10 didn't say (more likely my friend didn't ask the question). It could be as simple as Whipple couldn't meet the demands of both companies and maintain the level of quality control required.

Entirely possible scenario, lol.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Shoulda used Whipple lol.

Yes we know who's nutts are in you're mouth..:):):roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

I have doubts about a Hellcat Cherokee now..The SRT8 Jeep is already 60K+, they going to sell the Hellcat jeep for 70-80K?!!!!!

This is a Jeep we are talking about, not a Benz or Porsche...lol

A Hellcat Ram would be great, I just don't see it happening, not with cafa standards. Dodge/Ram can't afford another 10mpg truck..lol

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes we know who's nutts are in you're mouth..:):):roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

I have doubts about a Hellcat Cherokee now..The SRT8 Jeep is already 60K+, they going to sell the Hellcat jeep for 70-80K?!!!!!

This is a Jeep we are talking about, not a Benz or Porsche...lol

A Hellcat Ram would be great, I just don't see it happening, not with cafa standards. Dodge/Ram can't afford another 10mpg truck..lol
Lol I have no brand loyalty. Some brands just happen to be better hahaha.

I kind of agree though. A hellcat ram would easily be 50-70k depends on what other options they add. I'm not sure that truck would sell very fast nowadays.