Help Please 2009 Dodge 1500 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iwonsee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2009, 2023
Engine
4.7, 5.7
I swapped engine and tranny from a wrecked Donor truck that had low miles into my high miles engine knocking 2009 Dodge 1500 automatic 4.7. Truck cranked right up everything worked until I drop it in Drive it has no power almost acts like it is in high gear trying to take off and engine appears to has no power yet in park engine has tons of power and in Reverse engine has full power and you can even spin the tires if you want to. This has done this with both the original transmission in it and the one from the donor truck. The truck did not have this problem before this engine tranny swap started. Any suggestions?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same years tranny? Can you check the tranny codes or see what gear it's in (with a scanner)? There might be a pinched or broken wire. Trans fluid level is for sure good, right?

A little more info please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Iwonsee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2009, 2023
Engine
4.7, 5.7
Yes same years we even put the original tranny back in and it does the same thing. I think it is going in 4th gear I did notice the traction control is on and you can not change it. I think you are right I believe the mechanic that installed engine had to pinch a wire somewhere. Yes new fluid and it is full. I tried doing the reset by touching the two batter cables together for an hour that did not help.