Here…..But Not By Choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel-USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello. Didn’t want to be on the internet searching for “2019 Ram 3500 Water Leak” but here I am. I have/had a beautiful rig. Gorgeous maroon Laramie.

So excited. I take care of my stuff. We just moved and I have a shop being built but it’s had to sit outside for a while. I went out to get ready to drive to work tomorrow and the cab is filled with water in the back.

23,148 miles. I’m here hoping to find a fix. My beautiful Laramie headliner is ruined. How in the blue h3ll are they not able to fix this and create a seal that can last more than a few years? My 2012 2500 did the same dang thing. I also went through trans issues with that multiple times with less than 50,000 miles so I opted to get the Aisen and the HO Cummins. But they still found a way to mess me up.

It’s dark so I’ll look at it more tomorrow.

Yeah; so here I am. Pissed but I’m sure someone’s got an answer for me on here.

Not even wasting time with the dealer. It’s out of warranty on time and goodwill is like milking a rhino on an airbus. Besides; I doubt they care as much as I do about stake smells and stained headliners. May just have to go back to Ford

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My friend works for a Ram dealer and told me if you ever open the third brake light by the roof you have to install a new gasket for it no matter what. Did you ever open the light and take it out of the body of the truck, that could be where the water is coming from.

OP
OP
D

Diesel-USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My friend works for a Ram dealer and told me if you ever open the third brake light by the roof you have to install a new gasket for it no matter what. Did you ever open the light and take it out of the body of the truck, that could be where the water is coming from.
Never had to as of yet. Thanks. Edit- scratch that. Dealer had to last inspection to change a bulb. I’m going to ask them.

there are 4 places that leak back there
most common is the 3rd brake light seal
next is a cracked rear window frame
3rd is the antenna
4th is the least likely, but it would be the 2 rubber seam seals along the roofline
I’ll be taking a good look today after work. Ordered the seal for the brake light that everyone is using in place of the OEM. Thanks.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your headliner has water stains it is most likely the third brake light seal. Slight chance it could be the shark fin antenna but my money is on the third brake light seal. As a side note you can get those water stains off the headliner with hydrogen peroxide. There are YouTube vids as tutorials.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello. Didn’t want to be on the internet searching for “2019 Ram 3500 Water Leak” but here I am. I have/had a beautiful rig. Gorgeous maroon Laramie.

So excited. I take care of my stuff. We just moved and I have a shop being built but it’s had to sit outside for a while. I went out to get ready to drive to work tomorrow and the cab is filled with water in the back.

23,148 miles. I’m here hoping to find a fix. My beautiful Laramie headliner is ruined. How in the blue h3ll are they not able to fix this and create a seal that can last more than a few years? My 2012 2500 did the same dang thing. I also went through trans issues with that multiple times with less than 50,000 miles so I opted to get the Aisen and the HO Cummins. But they still found a way to mess me up.

It’s dark so I’ll look at it more tomorrow.

Yeah; so here I am. Pissed but I’m sure someone’s got an answer for me on here.

Not even wasting time with the dealer. It’s out of warranty on time and goodwill is like milking a rhino on an airbus. Besides; I doubt they care as much as I do about stake smells and stained headliners. May just have to go back to Ford
MANY outside vendors are part of the process of building our vehicles... so, who, exactly is "they"?

My 3rd brake light gasket leaked on my pick up. 2004 Ford... so go ahead and "go back". It won't change anything, and you'll be saddled with that brand's proclivities to failure!

I bought a new light assembly and replaced it, and noted how the HOT sun in Texas had as much to bear on it's failure as anything. The housing was cracked, full of water, and the gasket was shriveled up and allowing lots of water passage.

Maybe a bicycle or a moped! Yeah! ;)

OP
OP
D

Diesel-USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
MANY outside vendors are part of the process of building our vehicles... so, who, exactly is "they"?

My 3rd brake light gasket leaked on my pick up. 2004 Ford... so go ahead and "go back". It won't change anything, and you'll be saddled with that brand's proclivities to failure!

I bought a new light assembly and replaced it, and noted how the HOT sun in Texas had as much to bear on it's failure as anything. The housing was cracked, full of water, and the gasket was shriveled up and allowing lots of water passage.

Yeah; maybe a moped. Thanks.

OP
OP
D

Diesel-USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If your headliner has water stains it is most likely the third brake light seal. Slight chance it could be the shark fin antenna but my money is on the third brake light seal. As a side note you can get those water stains off the headliner with hydrogen peroxide. There are YouTube vids as tutorials.
Appreciate it. Just aggravating. You spend all this money on something and a trivial thing such as weather seal fails after such a short time. The truck was garage kept until we moved a month ago. As soon as my shop is done; it goes back in. So; I know the sun didn't cause the failure.

I have purchased the fix. I just felt like venting in my welcome post since there were already 40,645 threads about the same thing.

OP
OP
D

Diesel-USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welcome to the forum.

Red
Nice truck. I was originally looking for a two tone red. Always loved the two tone rams but the burgundy and tan would have been my choice over red and tan.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
When faced with these challenges; Adapt, improvise and overcome.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Motorcycle??? For some unknown reason, not seem to have a seal/glass/antenna leak issue. Must be me. Also my AC 1 X 70 works under 80 F degrees, lol.

337886109_938763160474275_2361733200592748428_n.jpg

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate it. Just aggravating. You spend all this money on something and a trivial thing such as weather seal fails after such a short time. The truck was garage kept until we moved a month ago. As soon as my shop is done; it goes back in. So; I know the sun didn't cause the failure.

I have purchased the fix. I just felt like venting in my welcome post since there were already 40,645 threads about the same thing.
Yeah, FCA has not fixed the issue, imagine that. Also on the gassers 5.7 lifters and cam too. Another imagine that. Hate to use this phrase, but just how it is.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've got a 20 model ram with a sun roof and knock on wood we've not had any head liner leaks from any of the glass seals. Thankfully
DID U run Gorilla Glue around all the seals and glue that puppy in place> (sic) :gunner::33::anitoof:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I got one of the first early build MY 19 5th Gens built in April 2018, and got all body parts crossed ref the truck. I just maintain and motor on.