HF tune, still good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Took my truck to the dealership for a replacement of my front shocks. Got it back yesterday and I'm trying to put everything back in. Trying to load up my HF 89 Tune and my Intune says that additional programming is required for my vehicle and may take up to 30 minutes? Why is this? Did they flash my truck? Also would my last HF custom tune be good or would I have to have Sean take a look at it again???

Thanks Guys!

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When was the last time you updated the intune? It could be that it needs to be updated. I'm not really sure as I've never set the tune back to stock. Is the dealer that picky on mods? Or did you do it just to be on the safe side?

HF tune should be fine though. I don't see why they would have re flashed it for the work they did. But who knows..

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To be on the safe side I took everything off, Vararam, PTB, and tune. I think they would be pretty picky, gave me a hard time questioning about my lift. They didn't believe that it was dealer installed...

I also noticed that my throttle boost was at 0%. Can't remember if my tune was originally set to that or not?

Last update on Intune was went it first went in, Early March?

Last edited:

matt3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last time I reset my HF tune for a dealer visit, I had to put the throttle boost back as well.

OP
OP
R

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Last time I reset my HF tune for a dealer visit, I had to put the throttle boost back as well.

Okay thanks, I sent Sean an email since I don't remember what the boost was set at, id imagine it was at 20%? Did you change your tire size as well?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Reply from Sean.

In case anyone takes a look at your HF custom tune and wonders why Boost is at 0, I emailed Sean and here is his reply.

"Since I set it in the tune and Im not using ur handheld it will show 0 for u"

I didn't know this. Im sure not everyone's is the same but just some random info just in case...

matt3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In case anyone takes a look at your HF custom tune and wonders why Boost is at 0, I emailed Sean and here is his reply.

"Since I set it in the tune and Im not using ur handheld it will show 0 for u"

I didn't know this. Im sure not everyone's is the same but just some random info just in case...

Oops, I set mine back at 20%. No wonder the truck feels like it's on steroids lol.

OP
OP
R

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oops, I set mine back at 20%. No wonder the truck feels like it's on steroids lol.

Lmao! Yeah Matt I sent mine back to 10% and the truck didn't feel right. When he told me that, I retuned the truck and it actually feels way better! Reminded me of why I missed my truck so much while it was at the dealership for 5 days!

Last edited:

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this same issue. After tuning back to stock, then going back to the Hemifever, I was just looking at some of the settings and noticed the boost was at 0. So Ramwarrior1, you just installed the original HF tune showing 0 for the boost and it should be set at what Sean programmed it for? I was kind of confused about this myself.

OP
OP
R

RAMWarrior1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have this same issue. After tuning back to stock, then going back to the Hemifever, I was just looking at some of the settings and noticed the boost was at 0. So Ramwarrior1, you just installed the original HF tune showing 0 for the boost and it should be set at what Sean programmed it for? I was kind of confused about this myself.

Yes exactly, when you go to install and it asks if you want to modify tune just click X (no). Since Sean already has everything programmed himself on the tune he sends.

I think this is where we all get confused, because we go in trying to modify a tune which he's already modified.