HHO generator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
i would imagine the heat differences would be close to that of burning a higher octane fuel with a octane boost added.. as far as working I think there may be something to this however I think its hit and miss with each vehicle AND climate...

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These things have been around for a while now, if they worked as well as people say they do don't you think we would all be using one.

Just my op thats all.

Between the Mythbuster's busting this type of device and the engineering principles behind it, the amount of power needed to generate HHO in a large enough quantity to give benefits to power and economy, you're looking at stand alone batteries to power the system, that would have to be recharged over night as your alternator wouldn't put out enough juice to keep up with it. The added weight from a real system to produce usable HHO and the tank to store the water (along with the weight of the water itself) would negate any real benefits.

I worked for Toro from 2005 thru 2009 as an engineer - I worked on designs for a hydrogen powered mower for use at golf courses. The handful that were distributed for field testing had numerous problems ranging from leaks in the system to amount of HHO used VS amount of distance covered. The program was scrapped shortly after they started laying people off when the economy fell in '09.... (it may have been revived since then, but I haven't heard). There were over 30 engineers involved in that project (many of them who were certified for dealing with HHO power systems, one even tried to convince me to setup an HHO powered water heater for my house) and while many of the aspects were over my head (I was there for structure of the frame and functional components and CAD development), but the project was much more complex than adding one of these systems you see on the internet and there was no gain with that system...

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
The systems that are out now do not have to store the hydrogen. That's where everyone keeps making the error. We had a hydrogen vehicle testing area at the airport and they kept doing the same thing. Some were big time engineers and everything. But they was also dumb as a box of rocks. Especially when it came to a combustion engine. Hell, before I even knew about these systems which was about 7 or 8 years ago. I seen that they should be focusing on making them a on demand system and augment the fuel. Me and a city Firefighter done a test for them on a small car and showed where you augment the fuel and it performed way better than just gas and did get much better gas mileage and performance. But they was committed to making a vehicle that was hydrogen only. And wouldn't listen to our offer.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,
I have no doubt that this will burn, my question remains how hot does it make the combustion flame front? Pistons ARE sensitive to that temp. I know someone who had a chevy (save the chevy jokes this is serious) 350 rebuilt and the fuel distribution wasn't right the mechanic told the guy "drive it and see if it settles down. There was a slight ping to the engine. about 5000 miles later they were replacing the number one piston the flame front from that cylinder burned a hole through the piston because that cylinder was running too lean. Why I don't know, but once a gain a lean mixture will burn hotter and thus it burned a hole in the piston. So this is or at least should be a major concern. JMHO

preachp