Hikari ultra in fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put these in on my last days off and they seemed to be working. Buddy at work said my fog was out and passenger side stays on drivers side obv doesn’t. I don’t have anything on dash saying bulb out but is it because I haven’t enabled led fogs in Alfa yet? Figured I was ok because no bulb out but it’s also a 2015. Maybe it’s the remote start too? I **** truck off and turns back on and hit fog button and it stays on for a second shuts off tire two more times then goes off. Assuming it is the PWM.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Try enabling led fog with AlfaOBD. Turning on then off is bulb out detect

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try enabling led fog with AlfaOBD. Turning on then off is bulb out detect

Thank you thought so acted like PWM

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Turning on then off is bulb out detect

@Justin33 to confirm this, turn the ignition on but don't start the truck then turn the fogs on, they should light up. It's when the engine is running that the BCM monitors the lights and will turn them off.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Justin33 to confirm this, turn the ignition on but don't start the truck then turn the fogs on, they should light up. It's when the engine is running that the BCM monitors the lights and will turn them off.
Honestly I’m not sure I just assumed if their was issue I’d get it on dash but I know when running it comes on then goes off and does it two more times I think just on drivers side before finally acting like it’s out. I gotta go back I. Their anyways and zip tie that axle....my **** looks like it has turrets.

Yeah it stays on with accessory on so it’s the PWM

Last edited:

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Thank you thought so acted like PWM
It it not PWM, it is over/under current detection. PWM is Pulse Width Modulation which is a method to reduce the average voltage a load sees.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It it not PWM, it is over/under current detection. PWM is Pulse Width Modulation which is a method to reduce the average voltage a load sees.

The pulsing on and off is also the PWM. I read an article in the Cummins forum. Eith the regular bulbs it’s like a 80 percent duty cycle or something.