hmmmm what is this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's called ass in the seat power! Cuz thats where you feel it, that and a power wire,hint hint, and you really feel it imo.

I want a power wire, but dont wanna pay $50 for it. Nor do i wanna make one myself lol

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^^ so send Rocket $5 and you'll have one lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
You have a vararam right..... dont waste the money on a powerwire if thats the case.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You have a vararam right..... dont waste the money on a powerwire if thats the case.

Whys that?
Also, have you heard of moving the sensor? I dont like it right there above the motor, i feel like it might read the engine heat.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Wont the SC read AIT temp? If it does check that vs your ambient outside temp, a powerwire fools the sensor into acting colder then it is to add fuel.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The sensor reads cooler in that location than it did before via my ai. The vararam already causes it to run richer adding the powerwire will make it run even more so. I had one on for all of a week before it came off. A/fwas not where I wanted it to be at wot. Running way to rich (low 11s high 10s) took it off and its back to mid 11s after the vararm went on. Still need to get it tuned out a bit so its in the 12s at wot.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I duno bout the vararam set up, but Where it's hot, people went with 180 thermostat, and up north, powerwire. There has been not one dissatisfied person. (more like 50). lol.....j/king.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I duno bout the vararam set up, but Where it's hot, people went with 180 thermostat, and up north, powerwire. There has been not one dissatisfied person. (more like 50). lol.....j/king.

The good thing about having gauges that read all the fun stuff is that they will read everything so you can monitor the things you put on. The vararam+powerwire= a significant afr change.

Im sure they work great, not going to question it, but when my afr drops down that low and runs pig rich like that it hurts the performance. Not trying to hurt your sales just telling you how that particular combo runs.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
no no I appreciate the info, thanks.I wish I had a a-pillar wired, at times.......most tmes.lol.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So i shouldnt go with the power wire.
I just cant wait to get home and program my truck, only 7more days... To many ricers and not enough rams here in california.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
So i shouldnt go with the power wire.
I just cant wait to get home and program my truck, only 7more days... To many ricers and not enough rams here in california.

I would not, just going by what I have seen after adding both of the mods, it just made me run to rich. The vararam really richens things up, more air and cooler air, it even says it right in the instructions that it will cause you to run a little richer even after the learning process, and acording to my wideband it does.

After you get the tuner on there, I believe it will lean it out a little. but right now you are probably running very rich.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I offered a money back guarantee, no worries. The item is shipped. Thanks again Nick.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well i figured, if anything ill jusy give it to my buddy.
So another question Ryan, if i get headers should i get a 180 thermostat?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
When you do headers, get a wideband installed and watch your afr. Also if you could log STKR it be a good thing to do as well. When I did my headers, before a 180* stat and the vararam and cam and custom tune.... I was running to lean and was getting a lot of knock, added the 180* and it mostly went away until I got it custom tuned.

You really need to datalog to see what its doing after the install to see what all you running at and check the KR. SC wont do that though....