How do you know if you have 3:21 or 3:92?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How’s your warranty with the Canadian truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just speed tested it. 2k rpm at 72mph! Looks like 3.92 :D

Yessir....
I found two trucks in a row that were advertised as 3.21s but actually had 3.92s...congrats on the test results!

I told decking materials fairly often so it was a must have for me! Also fun when you need to push the pedal down and you’re counting on acceleration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How’s your warranty with the Canadian truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The dealer I bought it from is managed by one of my best friends. He gave me a free warranty up to 48000 miles guaranteed by his dealership or any local Dodge dealership. He also sold me an extended warranty, 5 years/50,000 miles good up to a total of 80,000 miles, for only $800. Think I’m well covered!

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I generally start using it when it gets to below 32 degrees. My plug was on my passenger side beside the radiator. The cord ran up over the the upper radiator support and draped down between the radiator and grill/headlights. Yours could still be down below the radiator. It looks like an extension cord that you can see the 3 wires as the cable is thin. Mine is a black cable. I generally will either pop the hood and leave it under the hood or I’ll drop the cable and run the extension cable under the bumper. But I don’t like leaving the plug down there as I don’t want it to rust or corrode so I try to remember to bring it back over the top of the radiator support when it’s not plugged in.

gotcha. Thx!

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In the US the Canadian trucks have no warranty is what I was told. We would have to drive to Canada to get any warranty work done. Although we can get recalls done without an issue.
Not entirely true. As told to me by my local dealer (not the one from which I purchased it) it depends on how the truck was configured.
Mine was built and configured in US standard but has the ability to change to metric. Because if this, they were able to transfer warranty to me after purchase.
Also, my truck (2016 1500 Outdoorsman) was originally a fleet truck for Enterprise Canada and that also helped in making it eligible for transfer.
And yes, I have had work done covered by the full factory warranty 3/36 and 5/100k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
From what I’ve understood from dealing with dealerships and from other guys that I know that have Canadian trucks, the most I’ve heard they were able to get covered was a catalytic converter.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Also, if you download the My RAM app and enter your VIN, it will give you the factory configuration as well as any dealer options installed as well as any work order history and recall information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
2017 Ram Sport. Bought it used with 19000 miles... where do I find this info? Thx

Well, If I blow you off the line, You got 3:21.
If you are within a body length or so, practice Grasshopper, your too slow to mash the gas pedal but you got 3:92

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My Nova has 4:88s. :)

Cool...but it;s still a Nove

Chill Out, I had a couple of them but, they were still Nova's.

now, 68 GTO Convertible...crow, crow, crow

Jordo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I heard the Canadian trucks are rated at 395 MoosePower, which is a much more majestic power rating system. Also I believe the horn goes “Sorry” instead of “Honk”.

I apologize, my Canadians is showing.

My 2015 Ram came with locking rear and 3.92. I love how this thing peels out at every light when u put ur foot into it.

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thx all. Confirmed it’s a 3.92 by the VIN #. Love it!

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealer I bought it from is managed by one of my best friends. He gave me a free warranty up to 48000 miles guaranteed by his dealership or any local Dodge dealership. He also sold me an extended warranty, 5 years/50,000 miles good up to a total of 80,000 miles, for only $800. Think I’m well covered!

Hey, Condor.. who’s your dealer? I’d like to check with him on a factory warranty. Not looking for your deal but would like to hear his prices. Thanks

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey, Condor.. who’s your dealer? I’d like to check with him on a factory warranty. Not looking for your deal but would like to hear his prices. Thanks

He’s not a Dodge dealer... it’s INFINITI, so the warranty is 3rd party. But he himself has guaranteed the work either through his service department or the nearby Dodge dealership across the street. I’ve read all the concerns about 3rd party warranties and they are valid concerns, so when I asked him about this he personally guaranteed in writing that he would honor it the same way an FCA warranty would.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I generally start using it when it gets to below 32 degrees. My plug was on my passenger side beside the radiator. The cord ran up over the the upper radiator support and draped down between the radiator and grill/headlights. Yours could still be down below the radiator. It looks like an extension cord that you can see the 3 wires as the cable is thin. Mine is a black cable. I generally will either pop the hood and leave it under the hood or I’ll drop the cable and run the extension cable under the bumper. But I don’t like leaving the plug down there as I don’t want it to rust or corrode so I try to remember to bring it back over the top of the radiator support when it’s not plugged in.
I ran a short extension {proper cable}and ran it out the passenger tow hook so I dont have to open the hood everytime. Towhook helps keep the female end of cord in place. WORKS great!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cut-off the male end of an old 3 prong cord and insert to keep crap out of it when your not using it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500