How do you use your Ram for work??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, this may be only somewhat truck related but let's give it a try..... This is a great group of owners and I'm wondering how/if/what you guys all do with your trucks everyday for work?

Construction jobs? Deliveries? Commute to a high-rise but just want to drive a truck? Sit at home all day playing Xbox living off a trust fund while the truck sits in the driveway?

I'll go first - I own a Home Inspection company and use my truck 95% as a daily driver with just light tools in the bed. I could honestly get by with much less truck but I get a good tax write-off and have a 5th wheel to haul. Plus, the HD truck helps with the image of a contractor.... even though I've spent very little time with a hammer in my hand :)

Let's hear it.... How do you justify all the $$ you spend for the truck and gas??

:favorites13:

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always liked bigger vehicles. I would hate to drive a smaller car like an altima,corolla,etc daily.I also feel safer.plus Ram has the best looking truck currently.followed by sierra.

Last edited:

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is used primarily for commuting to the office and daily driver.

I got the crew cab so it handles the kid well.

It used as a truck for Home Depot runs and hauling bikes around and the occasional dump run.

I definitely don't need a truck but I've always been a truck guy and I definitely like having the larger vehicles. I don't like being low to the ground and I'm also pretty rough on vehicles and trucks hold up to my abuse better LOL

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as my "mini van" to tote the kids and family around. i bought it because of the space in the back seat of a cc.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
as my "mini van" to tote the kids and family around. i bought it because of the space in the back seat of a cc.

Ditto!!! Back of my crewcab is 3 wide with car/booster seats! Truck is used as a DD/commuter to the office downtown when I have to go/trailer hauler when needed/off the beaten path exploring when I get the chance.

But at the end of the day, I prefer a full size 4WD truck. Don't like being low to the ground, and let's face it, a Hemi is music to the ears.

Best thing ever is when any one of my 3 girls ask: "daddy, can we do a hot rod?!" Makes me smile everytime :favorites13:

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
6.4 bed on mine, gets used for hauling lumber, firewood, dirt, personal construction supplies for reno jobs on my home, my ATV, and daily driver. Also gets hidden when friends without trucks keep calling asking for favors lol

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first vehicle was a truck. Havnt looked back since. Millwright by trade. Outdoorsman by hobby. From cement bags to Bridgeports. Car hauling and whatever inbetween. *you don't need a truck just because you hunt* ya well let's see your car move steel plates or spools of wire.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i use mine for my sales job. i rent and sell construction equipment, and put about 2500 miles a month on it. about 80% of the job sites i go to do not have paved roads. they are either gravel or just dirt, and with the rain lately my truck has seen 4x4 a lot.
i also use it to haul personal stuff. i have a 38hp john Deere tractor with shredder i haul to do work on occasion, a boat. love the room of a CC, car seat fits a lot better than my 06 QC. also more room to keep all the free **** i give away like hats and koozies and calenders.

Luke

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Mine gets me though my 9 mile commute each way... Its tuff. But I got a crew cab for the room, I run unloaded 90% of the time but I do use it as a truck from time to time and load it with welding equipment, meterials, homedepot runs, pulling cars ect. I have been a truck guy sense in was a little kid and have had 8 trucks in 10 years and only 2 cars

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can always use hats and koozies! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4
I bought my truck simply because I wanted a truck, and this is Texas. :happy107: Seriously, I work from home as a machine tool applications engineer. I'm on a plane somewhere usually 2 weeks a month and the Ram gets me thru the steel rivers here (lately real rivers). I have a utility trailer I haul a couple ATV's around not nearly enough. I do have visions of purchasing a camper eventually and enjoying more of the outdoors. And back to the smart a$$ side, I'm recently divorced and there would have been no chance in **** of getting a new "what I want and how I want truck" without being so!! Yes, I'll tell ya how I really feel! :flipthebird:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drive mine 3 miles to work everyday, I diffidently don't need a truck but I got it for the power and offroad capabilities. I pulled trailer once lol a few years ago. Heck I didn't even use it when I moved a few months ago.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's hear it.... How do you justify all the $$ you spend for the truck and gas??

:favorites13:

I cant lol

I have been known to throw the kids bikes in the bed before going to the park.

But I am interested to see what the guys use them for.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Mine is mostly used for commuting for work, but I'll also use it when I'm going to visit my dealers (I'm a factory sales rep selling RVs and open trailers to dealers across Canada). Sometimes when I visiting them I've got a new trailer in tow to show, but most times I'm just going to do training or just going to see them.

I'll be doing this a lot more this summer, so I decided it's Ecodiesel time lol! Save a bit of money on fuel!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
During the week just a commuter but weekends its to haul my CRF450 to the trails or track as well as a buddys yzf250. Or possibly pull the boat down to the coast

Recon12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always had a truck of one kind or another. I tried the small trucks and will never do that again. Its like riding a pogo stick. I like the size and comfort of a big truck. Ford, Chev, and now this beautiful Ram. I don't haul dirt, or rocks, when I need something like that I have it delivered. My Ram is a comfortable daily driver. Getting in it every day is a treat, while it is warming up I can't help but sweep my eyes around the cab and soak in the beauty of the fit, finish, black leather & chrome trim. It's great.
I use the bed of a truck for all those misc uses that come up to haul something big like bikes, or a tool box, or gas cans, a piece of furniture. I didn't want the spray in bed liners. And I want to be able to throw in a mattress pad and be able to sleep in the back so I keep it clean. My dealer had probably 50 trucks on his lot and they all had the spray in liners. I had to order to get what I wanted.
i-K2hpwsL-L.jpg

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
My truck's main role is my daily. The bed mostly gets used for play-things. My yzf250 and brute force 750 have seen quite a few miles back there. Snowboards see a lot of time back there during the winter. When I finally get my 240sx street/track worthy, the truck will be seeing some more trailer time.

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I use mine only for work. Pulling a 16 ft livestock trailer to haul reindeer. Busy as hell Sept thru January. Occasionally haul them the rest of the year. Even then I make a feed run every three weeks to bring home 2,200 lbs of feed in the trailer. Trailer stays hitched up 95% of the time.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I'm an industrial designer/brand manager by day, hobby farmer weeknights and weekends. Since this is my first new truck (have always had 15+ year old beaters), it gets driven to work usually once or twice a week. I've hauled round and square bales, tractors, mulch, my car (which I autocross), and will be hauling our cow off to be bred this weekend...

2016_ram-hay.jpg

es

weems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
abea38435fb0a8a813ac918b48347da0.jpg

Before I put the air helper 1000 in the rear. I own a snyders lance route

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk