How is the quality on Rams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I've driven the new Silverado's a lot for work, and will take my Ram any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Nice trucks, lack in power. The 8 speed tranny on the Ram is far more advanced than GM's 6 speed.

Irrivirsible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have 4700 miles but so far I am happy and little things can bother me. I drove a Ford over a bumpy road and it was too rough a ride for my liking. They were also pricey for what you get. I drove a Silverado and it had a drivetrain vibration. While the salesman drove it off the lot I was in the back seat and the vibration was terrible. I then drove a Sierra and it had a vibration too. There were no bargains to be had on a Canyon or Colorado so I didn't even try them. I didn't try Toyota because at this time it is my opinion there are better buys in a truck even though they would be reliable. I am very happy so far, only time will tell but as already stated you can have problems with all brands.

scubasteege

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haha I never had been to a Ford forum until it got mentioned in this post. About half the posts were about problems. One thing that troubled me over there was that several people were told by ford that the trucks they ordered earlier in the year with the max towing package could not even be built and that they were out of luck. On another note I am very happy with my 14 crew cab express. For having the lowest tier for interior I am very impressed with the quality. I just rolled over 20,000 miles and so far its been a beast. Although, I did drive a rental truck with the 8 speed (I have the 6 speed) when it was being repaired from an accident and the 8 speed was noticeably more responsive than my truck in acceleration. One thing I am not impressed with is the plastic covers on my rambles are starting to fade already but hopefully I can fix that with some kind of vehicle plastic restorer. Love it so far!

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
hmm... I'v been a member of both the f-150 forums for over y years and other than cam phase issues and the odd sparkplugs I've never seen a bunch of guys so stuck on there trucks and happy with them... I'm hoping to find the same on the dodge ram forum. I'm a certified auto master tech... for over 20 years... and the one thing..and only thing that is certain on ALL these trucks is that all have good and bad stories concerning them.... usually on the internet you only hear the bad... And as far as truck and car owners go... everyone has their favorites. The age old Chevy vs ford vs dodge debate has been going on since the muscle cars of the 60's.........and its not ending anytime soon.

Dodgeman85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my truck Dec. 7th 2013 as a 2014 model. I've towed the largest Uhaul trailer from Tulsa to Roanoke VA completely packed the bed packed and every nook and cranny filled in the cab, truck did great, got about 15 MPG with the 8spd. I have also driven to Canada as well empty and the truck is a great vehicle to drive. I have 24000 miles now with 0 problems. At work I was able to purchase 2 new rams (3500) cummins powered work trucks as well as 2 promaster vans, that have made the Ford Chevy and Toyota guys all bow to the all mighty Ram. Out of the 6 FCA products I've bought in the last 4 years and still have / work, we still have all of them and we have had 0 issues with all of them. Seems FCA has really tried to shake out all the bugs before they start selling something new, with that said you can't catch everything and there will always be something to go wrong but FCA seems to really try hard to put out a quality product.

Hemi Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
Engine
Dodge, Ford, Chevy... they all build good quality cars and trucks now. Reliability today with American manufactured vehicles is worlds better than it was in the 80s thanks to the Japanese invasion of there cheap and super reliable cars forcing the big three to step it up. Of course every model has its own inherent issues but in general quality is pretty high with not much to complain about...... unless you are on a forum.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can only compare my 2014 Ram 1500 to a 2007 Ford F550 that my previous employer assigned to me. 1 warranty issue with my Ram, the 8.4" Uconnect head unit was replaced. The Ford, in 3 years it had the radiator, radiator hoses, O2 sensors, DPF pressure sensors, and EGR cooler all replaced under warranty. Each of the faults/problems occurred at separate times - so the truck had many visits to the dealer.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I had opposite experience with my 1500 2013 hemi 5.7

Engine issues at 30k miles, lots of repeated issues with hemi 5.7 which been there for years and Chrysler isn't thinking of fixing it, all sorts of noises, knocks, tics, manifold bolts, bull... Grinding noise from the 8 speed transmission, just picked up my truck from dealership after its been there a week. Even though I used expensive redline oil as recommended by many, and take good care of my truck.

I still like how ram looks and drives, I'm stuck with it now, but I doubt that I'll buy another one with a hemi, I'll definitely heavily consider other brands.

ElTerrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
after many months of doing research and test drives, I decided to get a RAM. I really liked how the ram looked and the engine was a big plus for me. Ive had chevy,ford, toyota, nissans, mark lt, but never a ram. And I must say this is one hell of a truck, cheers....

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
No complaints here.
I have 12000 miles on my 2013 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with V6/8 speed.

If you are interested you can see my detailed thoughts on it vs. the 2013 Hemi/6 speed 4x4 Crew I also had from when I bought it...
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=755568

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley