How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm gonna order the Rebel Mask & lense assy P/N posted above and install it on a low mileage 16 cluster I just tried out today .... first I'm likely gonna send the cluster out for mileage & hours correction .

I popped the mask & lense off and back on today for practice , it's really easy to do , I can't wait to install the Rebel Red rings one !

With all the Red you have already you've gotta do this !
You should throw your slightly scratched lens on it for shipping.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should throw your slightly scratched lens on it for shipping.

Ha ha , that's exactly my plan ! I'm gonna put the 16 clusters lense & mask on the 13 cluster I have and sell the 13 cluster ...it will look brand new !

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm gonna order the Rebel Mask & lense assy P/N posted above and install it on a low mileage 16 cluster I just tried out today .... first I'm likely gonna send the cluster out for mileage & hours correction .

I popped the mask & lense off and back on today for practice , it's really easy to do , I can't wait to install the Rebel Red rings one !

With all the Red you have already you've gotta do this !

That's good to hear that it's easy to do. Ordered it from AllMoparParts.com can't wait to get it as well! It should look alot better. And make me feel better that the truck matches a little better on the inside lol

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely let me know if that P/N above is correct for the Rebel with the red accent rings when you receive it Sir ....I already have someone interested in my other 13 cluster and I plan on using the 16 cluster lense on it because the 13 s lense has light blemishes

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This seems be a good place to put this info , so here it goes :

Getting the mileage , idle & drive times updated on an upgraded cluster .

To ME , I could not care less if my mileage & hours that are displayed are discrepant .

Now I do understand the legality of incorrect mileage on a vehicle if you are trying to sell it .BIG NO NO !

I also understand the hoops I'll have to jump through @ the dealership if they squawk my mileage on the cluster if I'm ever at a dealership for something .ie.. warranty or whatever. This should not be a problem because they can get the ACTUAL mileage from the PCM .

Seems the forum choice vendor for milage correction cost $175.00 .

Recently a member here eluded to a more cost effective place for $99.00 ? Still waiting his response above in the thread for the results !
But Again I just don't mind the discrepancy being displayed , SO I've done some research over the last few days .
I'm located in Tn.

My research started on line a lot of DMV & DOT reading . I also called my local DMV idiots , then the DMV in Nashville much better help and ultimately my local county clerks office which I just left with the form I needed per the Nashville DMV .

To make a log story a bit shorter neither the State of Tennessee or the U.S. has an official Form that is made for EXACTLY what I need .
I was after some sort of legal document ( notarized ?) Spacifically for an Odometer / cluster change that had a block to record the actual mileage of the original odometer & the replacement odometer at the time of the install .
A document that could be kept with the vehicle registration and or title .
There is a form for this ( kinda ) it's called the Odometer Discrepancy Form , at least that's what it's called in Tn.

It's really laid out and formatted for the sale of a vehicle & describes the Odometer Discrepancy , but per the Nashville DMV it's the document they've recommend for years for my exact reason . It states the undersigned is held to the documented mileage by TN. Law ...bla...bla...bla , I guess that's what makes it legally binding ...

This form does have an area to explain the reason for the odometer discrepancy. ... this is where I plan to say ( instrument Cluster change ) I'll also be annotating the original mileage & the displayed mileage on the replacement cluster , I'll be keeping this Odometer Discrepancy Form in my owners manual with the Registration , just in case I sell the truck , register it it another state or the dealer gets excited about the mileage for any reason .

During my on line research I found a National DMV site that had this form or very similar forms for every state I believe ....probably can't do this in Ca. , pretty sure it would cause cancer there

Anyway I hope this helps someone down the line .

Looks like my 44+K 14 Ram will be reading 8,800 miles very soon and as far as I can tell per the state of Tn . DMV this is as legal as it gets round here and all that's required to accurately document an Odometer Discrepancy.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
FYI $175 is return shipping included. If you have it shipped directly to them then $175 is the total cost. Just let them know when it's coming, from where it's coming and where it needs to go after being corrected.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI $175 is return shipping included. If you have it shipped directly to them then $175 is the total cost. Just let them know when it's coming, from where it's coming and where it needs to go after being corrected.

Thank you Sir , I've edited my post above .

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's good to hear that it's easy to do. Ordered it from AllMoparParts.com can't wait to get it as well! It should look alot better. And make me feel better that the truck matches a little better on the inside lol

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk
Ha , I couldn't wait .
I just ordered the Rebel cluster lense and mask assy from Benny with allmoparparts.com

For anyone interested in the Rebel cluster lense & mask with the red accent rings and Rebel Logo look here .

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1464870

Last edited:

tunlrat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems the forum choice vendor for milage correction cost $175.00 .

Recently a member here eluded to a more cost effective place for $99.00 ? Still waiting his response above in the thread for the results !

Hey guys sorry it took me a bit to get back with results from that company I sent my cluster out to (myairbags.com) , well no dice they had it for a couple of days then they contacted me to tell me that it would not take the milage change, they allege that there is some kind of lock on it, which I never heard of before but it's what they said, so I guess it'll be going up to Brooklyn. I am interested to know though if anyone knows which chip on the board holds the eeprom info, I was thinking maybe i can do a memory dump on the PC and after I get it back from programing compare the 2 files to see what changes if any I can see, just throwing it out there.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys sorry it took me a bit to get back with results from that company I sent my cluster out to (myairbags.com) , well no dice they had it for a couple of days then they contacted me to tell me that it would not take the milage change, they allege that there is some kind of lock on it, which I never heard of before but it's what they said, so I guess it'll be going up to Brooklyn. I am interested to know though if anyone knows which chip on the board holds the eeprom info, I was thinking maybe i can do a memory dump on the PC and after I get it back from programing compare the 2 files to see what changes if any I can see, just throwing it out there.
Dominic might tell you if you ask nicely...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mar 14 6.7 Diesel Cluster for 16 Truck?

I finally found a diesel premium cluster but I am concerned that the TPMS won't work. The donor vehicle is a late 14 with 40,000. They want $475 which is probably too much but the premium diesel clusters are hard to find. Does anyone know how to tell for sure if it will work with the later model tire sensors?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally found a diesel premium cluster but I am concerned that the TPMS won't work. The donor vehicle is a late 14 with 40,000. They want $475 which is probably too much but the premium diesel clusters are hard to find. Does anyone know how to tell for sure if it will work with the later model tire sensors?
One thing is for sure sir , you should have no problem selling it if it doesn't work for you

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
One thing is for sure sir , you should have no problem selling it if it doesn't work for you
^^^This^^^

I don't think anyone has cracked the code on what causes this part wise (specific P/Ns)

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say go for it !
Record the p/n & s/n of the cluster and identify your truck details in the post .

There's little to no risk in it for you Sir , due to how many diesel guys there are looking for a premium cluster compounded by the dificulty involved in actually finding one .

I guess you diesel guys just don't wreck very often

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm super suprised no one on this forum has invested in a way to re-program miles/hrs into these things for everyone. Little side business if you would.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd say go for it !
Record the p/n & s/n of the cluster and identify your truck details in the post .

There's little to no risk in it for you Sir , due to how many diesel guys there are looking for a premium cluster compounded by the dificulty involved in actually finding one .

I guess you diesel guys just don't wreck very often

Called back on this yesterday, gone already. I don't fell too bad because I thought it was overpriced and I really want to stick to a 2015 or later.

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know if a cluster from a 2wd donor will indicate when 4wd is in use?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does anyone know if a cluster from a 2wd donor will indicate when 4wd is in use?
I don't see why not. If I'm not mistaken, that indicator comes up on the 7" screen and not a separate indicator light.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say yes , to my knowledge there's only 3ea premium clusters , the silver Limited , the regular premium and the Red Rebel Premium cluster , I believe the all will read 4wd , 4x4 low , 4x4 lock ect ect .