HOW TO: 2013+ LED Tails into a 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks Chris!

Wow they're even SRT pigtails, bonus!! LOL

You just saved me a trip to Honduras!
(Tag says that's where they are made)

pigtails_zps25875b60.jpg

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Chris!

pigtails_zps25875b60.jpg

Just paying it forward! Helping out those in need when I can.

SRT.. I didnt even notice that. I just wanted a back ground while in my truck.

I'm going to get some bubble wrap from work so the bulbs don't break in shipping, I will send them out tomorrow for sure.

Finding these may have meant a trip to Honduras! No known part number... smh!

Enjoy!

Mark247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like I may have a pair of harnesses generously donated by a forum Brother with a spare.
I think I just need to get a couple reverse bulbs and your adapter now.

:favorites13:

Hey after reading this thread over and then over again I determined I have the same situation as you, the newer tails but luckily I had the reverse light harness included.
So my question is, do I just need to go ahead and follow the OP for them to work or is there something I'm missing here? Thanks

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Reference:

http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2013/docs/ram/ramelm.pdf

Okay, so I found these photos and instructions, but it says 2013 2500/3500 at the top of the page... then I looked under the dash of my 2013 1500... everything matches perfectly... so now I'm just working up the guts to cut a perfectly good wire on my new truck haha!

If I'm reading the instructions right, it says I'm supposed to cut the white/grey wire and ground the side that connected to the plug... what happens to the other side? I guess I'll tape it up at least.

Anyone got any comments or advice?

Thanks

How'd this end up working, btw?
I'm waiting for some decent weather to tackle this myself.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Reference:

http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2013/docs/ram/ramelm.pdf

Okay, so I found these photos and instructions, but it says 2013 2500/3500 at the top of the page... then I looked under the dash of my 2013 1500... everything matches perfectly... so now I'm just working up the guts to cut a perfectly good wire on my new truck haha!

If I'm reading the instructions right, it says I'm supposed to cut the white/grey wire and ground the side that connected to the plug... what happens to the other side? I guess I'll tape it up at least.

Anyone got any comments or advice?

Thanks

Has anybody besides me tried it? Has anybody had success with it? I grounded the connector side of that ware and still get hyperflash. I wonder what I disabled by cutting that.

getupkid

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Anyone figure out what to do if the harness on the tail light that has the reverse bulb didn't come with the lights? I just got some in and that harness is missing...

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks Chris!

pigtails_zps25875b60.jpg

This harness will connect from truck to LEDs? So, I can get my 2013+ OEM LEDs working? If so, what's the part number?

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looks like I may have a pair of harnesses generously donated by a forum Brother with a spare.
I think I just need to get a couple reverse bulbs and your adapter now.

:favorites13:

OEM? Part #'s?

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Thanks Chris!

pigtails_zps25875b60.jpg

Lucky you! I've been looking for wiring also but no luck. Bought the LED tails, had them tinted, bought JJ's harness, went to put them on and found out something was missing. Guess I should have researched a little better....lol.

NightReaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night Sport Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New owner here. For clarification...is there a plug and play adapter available for purchase for the 2012?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Chris!

pigtails_zps25875b60.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a set of these? I have the conversion harness from Jeremy already as well as the lights, but I am also missing the pigtails that are supposed to be on the back of them :(

I can't find them anywhere!

turboguy327

Reaction score
Can I wire these tail lights to make the LEDs strobe? I have a plow truck and have hideaways in the reverse lights and brake lights. I'd want to keep both but can't use a hideaway in the brake light section as there is no reflector. But if I can wire the LEDs to strobe with a Whalen strobe controller I'll make the switch.

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm another fool who got a set of LED tail lights without the harness. Have JJs adapter waiting on the bench too. If anyone has a set let me know please!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Wow sorry to hear that, before I purchased anything I contacted the vendor to ensure what I needed. It was suggested to me to buy them new from the dealer. This way I was 100% assured of having everything needed. Yes it was costly, but for the peace of mind it afforded me it was worth it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm another fool who got a set of LED tail lights without the harness. Have JJs adapter waiting on the bench too. If anyone has a set let me know please!

I was in the same situation as you. Luckily I found a pair with wires attached and sold the previous ones that were without.

While searching however, I came across a guy on the Cummins forum that makes and sells these wiring harnesses. I think he sells the for $50 shipped to US, $75 shipped to Canada; US pricing

His user on Cummins Forum is wayned87

Cheers! :favorites13:

Last edited:

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks metric! Sent him a PM. I'll let you know what he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk