How to downgrade tail lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xvrgaqu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L V8 Hemi
Hi everyone, new Ram owner. I drive a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman and I need to replace my left tail light; However, my truck has the stock LEDs and I got a set of Halogens only to learn afterward that the two harnesses are completely different. I don't care if I downgrade at this point because I don't care for fancy lighting and I prefer easy fixes when trying to fix my car by simply replacing the bulb instead of replacing the whole assembly. I've searched for wiring diagrams and tried to learn how to convert by putting the correct wire in the correct prong but have had no success. The reverse light can't be that hard it's the brake/running/signal light I need to get right. I know there are plenty of Halogen to LED converters but not the other way around. If anyone is willing to help me I would appreciate it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OP
OP
X

xvrgaqu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L V8 Hemi
I believe that this is exactly what you need

the full BodyBuilders Guide

This is awesome!!! I was literally thinking about utilizing the trailer wiring but now know why it won't work with what problems could occur. Though are you, or anyone, able to tell me which prong goes to which wire for the tail light bulbs? There are 3 prongs and I'm trying to avoid grounding to the filaments in the bulb, I've already seen what happened to my father's 1999 Dodge Dakota headlights when wired incorrectly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat