How To Install OEM footwell lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone have one of the LED type floor lights that they would be willing to donate to an experiment? It doesn't need to be a working one. I'd like to disassemble one and determine if the LED itself can be desoldered and swapped with one of a different color and/or color temperature.

-K

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone have one of the LED type floor lights that they would be willing to donate to an experiment? It doesn't need to be a working one. I'd like to disassemble one and determine if the LED itself can be desoldered and swapped with one of a different color and/or color temperature.

-K

Why not just take the easier route and swap in the other style with an LED bulb?

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is it just me, or can nobody else see the instruction pics on the first page?

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Nah its not just you. A while ago photobucket took the red pill and went down the wormhole to ******* land and decided to hold pictures ransom until people ponied up a few hundred bucks. Otherwise, you get that image you see on the first page. Messed up almost every DIY on pretty much every forum I'm on (including my own)

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

It's not just you. Photobucket, the company a lot of the folks who have posted how-tos here used to host their pictures changed their policies with little to no notice and now charge several hundred dollars a year for accounts that allow the pictures to be accessed via a link. Somewhat needless to say, most people are not willing to pay that and many how-tos no longer have their photos.

-K

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's not just you. Photobucket, the company a lot of the folks who have posted how-tos here used to host their pictures changed their policies with little to no notice and now charge several hundred dollars a year for accounts that allow the pictures to be accessed via a link. Somewhat needless to say, most people are not willing to pay that and many how-tos no longer have their photos.

-K
Gotcha. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I finally got ahold of a couple of these lights. Best way to change the light color would appear to be to apply a tint to the diffuser. One of the Tamiya model paint "clear colors" would work nicely I think. I've used them to tint LEDs to other colors before.

-K

Danwinters90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hello all -
Would it draw too much power/burn out to splice a couple LED strips into one footwell connector? Thanks!

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all -
Would it draw too much power/burn out to splice a couple LED strips into one footwell connector? Thanks!

Perfectly fine to do. Many of us have done the same thing.
I have about 12 feet total of 5050 SMD LED strips tied in with no issues.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed mine today. Went the route of PN 68305400AA. $15.74 shipped...figured I couldn't beat it and they look and work great! Thanks for the heads up :)

dbh411

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can anyone help me identify the driver's side harness p/n and where it connects on the truck side? Long story short, found the driver's and passenger side footwell light harnesses and purchased the lights. While lights where shipping took the truck in for a detail and low and behold the driver's side harness was removed (stolen). Detailer owner will buy me a new but he and I cannot identity which harness p/n to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Had this problem, if you're using chrome there's an extension to bypass the photobucket money grab. Extension is called "Photobucket hotlink fix." I installed it just to test it for this guide and it works perfectly.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had this problem, if you're using chrome there's an extension to bypass the photobucket money grab. Extension is called "Photobucket hotlink fix." I installed it just to test it for this guide and it works perfectly.

There's a similar one for Firefox called "Photobucket Hotlink"

-K

Mike Merzke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the OEM foot well lighting and although they aren't super bright they are just enough to go along with the other interior lighting.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed the OEM foot well lighting and although they aren't super bright they are just enough to go along with the other interior lighting.
I agree , I installed the OEM kit from allmoparparts.com a few years ago and I like it just fine .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pixel shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Awesome mod. Went out tonight to check to see if i have the wiring. Turns out i already have them installed from factory lmao!!! Duhh

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Can anyone help me identify the driver's side harness p/n and where it connects on the truck side? Long story short, found the driver's and passenger side footwell light harnesses and purchased the lights. While lights where shipping took the truck in for a detail and low and behold the driver's side harness was removed (stolen). Detailer owner will buy me a new but he and I cannot identity which harness p/n to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

As mentioned, grab the Photobucket hotlink fix for yoru browser and go look at teh first post, again. The pictures will be, including one that shows where the drivers side plug is and what it actually looks like.

FYI, one can also get teh lights from Jeep vehciels in a junk yard. fit perfectly adn are designed for the spaces.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
EE3FC5B8-F855-4EF4-8C3F-7CA63BE07F8F.jpeg 0F1623A7-DBEA-4631-8629-586754CF091D.jpeg I just finished my install. I went with a pair of 63895784AA and used a plastic retainer on the driver side. Cut a small hole for the passenger side, so easy to do! Instead of wrestling with the retainer clips on the panel, I removed the lower glovebox and the kick panel to access the harness and just cut a small hole in that carpeting to feed the light into it, when I get to the store I’m gonna pick up a nylon nut and washer to retain the passenger side properly. I also did the cabin air filter mod and now considering going ahead and changing my glovebox to the one with the door, I like having the cubby so I may not do that mod, so good chance the glovebox kit will end up on the market.

Last edited: