I know but.... Anyone know how to disable Seat Belt Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vancouver604

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
This mod is to shut off the annoying chimer that activates when you aren't wearing your seatbelt while driving.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by
following these steps:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first
60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System
(BeltAlert).
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

polock48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the chime turned off but would like to turn off the little red seat belt icon on the dash, any suggestion's?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I dont think so, my 2011 still shows red indicator...wished I could find a way, grown to ignore it.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
mine was off when i bought it. i just turned it back on

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel naked without a seatbelt... Sometimes when I'm just messing with the stereo in the driveway I notice I have it on lol.

Joe Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this work on a 2018? I can’t get it to work. Must be doing something wrong. I always buckle up but sometimes like just moving around for short distances like when I’m driving my wife around the shopping center it would be nice not to hear that constant chiming.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy **** that's awesome. That thing was nagging me today.

I always wear my seat belt, but I take it off when I come into the neighborhood
Me too. Just hate it annoying me in a parking lot as well. Glad this works!

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I did this to my jeep and found that I gradually became lazy about putting on my seatbelt on short trips. Not good. But there are times when I truly don't need it like just rolling down my gravel road at 5-10 mph to go get the mail. I wish you could just adjust the mph when it kicks in to like 20 mph.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
If you don't like the seatbelt icon on the dash. At the base of your seatbelt is a plug with 2 wires that can be traces to a connector under the drivers seat. You can either strip the jacket on both wires un plug the connector and twist them so the cooper is touching then tape. Or splice in a jumper between the 2 wires. Creating a closed loop with stop the chime and get rid of the dash light. 2 Birds 1 Stone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca