I know but.... Anyone know how to disable Seat Belt Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracerex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know it's a bad subject, but does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning on a 2013 2500? I always wear my seat belt but there are some times when hooking up trailers or dropping the boat in the water, etc... that it would be nice to not have the annoying beep. I've combed the owners manual and DVD and all I can find is that it has to be done by the dealer and the light stays on. I had an '06 F250 prior to this truck and there was a complicated sequence you could perform with the parking lights on, nine times buckle and unbuckle, stand on your head etc... that would disable the seat belt alarm. Since the electronics are so much further advanced since '06 I guess it may be impossible?

Any ideas?

Thanks --

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Simple Simon said... Why not just buckle the seatbelt behind you?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Simple Simon said... Why not just buckle the seatbelt behind you?

Smart solution haha. That's way easier than going through the hoops to stop the seat belt warning. I did it to a 2012 charger and felt like it was impossible to get all the steps done right haha.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IF its buckled behind you and you get pulled over its hard to toss it on real quick. lol
I really never drive without mine anymore after my buddy destroyed his 2500 and the seat belt def saved his life.

CaptNkllm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I did that a while back and to get rid of the light I put a foil from a bubble gum wrapper in the plug and plugged it together.. worked fine so far

Capt

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Well, that was easy...Thanks again.

The light doesnt bother me.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF its buckled behind you and you get pulled over its hard to toss it on real quick. lol
I really never drive without mine anymore after my buddy destroyed his 2500 and the seat belt def saved his life.

Im with you. I used to NEVER wear mine. A few years ago I jump in my buddys truck and he tells me to put mine on. I argue and argue. Finally I give in and put it on. Less than a minute later a drunk driver swerves into our lane and we collide both going 55 mph. No doubt I wouldnt be typing this up if not for my buddy and his seatbelt. But to each their own. :eek:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Im with you. I used to NEVER wear mine. A few years ago I jump in my buddys truck and he tells me to put mine on. I argue and argue. Finally I give in and put it on. Less than a minute later a drunk driver swerves into our lane and we collide both going 55 mph. No doubt I wouldnt be typing this up if not for my buddy and his seatbelt. But to each their own. :eek:

WOW. Glad your buddy told you to put your seatbelt on!

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
WOW. I haven't even read this but I came on here tonight to ask this very same question

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love it when there's a thread already answering your question...it saves you so much time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
haha good call! I forget to do that sometimes lol I admit it.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins

Wow thats crazy. I had a friend go through a windsheild and is no longer with us because he didnt have a seatbelt on and got in the car with another drunk teenager. I'll always wear a seatbelt and never drive drunk or get in a car with someone who was drinking. I'm that guy who makes you put a belt on or who takes your keys. Trust me its not worth it.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We need more people like you! Too many people these days think it isn't serious, especially teenagers. I was shocked about how many people I knew drove drunk regularly during high school and college.

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Did not work????

:boxed:2013: Have tried this but with NO luck! What the Hell could I be doing wrong???

I assume the "lock" position is the same as "off"????