I need to rant on dealer service techs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
in my recent experience with my truck that is still getting fixed the worst part of all is that after the dealer blamed one of my aftermarket parts for being the problem which i highly doubt but removed anyways they refused to even answer the phone anymore and anytime i would call from another phone as soon as they found out who it was they would hang up on me so i ended up having to find a different dealer a little farther away to try and fix my problem

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess what I found under the water pump wedged between the swaybar and the frame.
A big red plastic battery cap. I was under the truck, taking a lok at how hard it will be to change the oil filter, and when I looked up I saw the battery cap that started this whole thing.
The saga is that when I got the truck home after they "Cleaned the battery terminals", I notice the battery terminal cover was left off. Made a trip to the dealer in the hopes that the tech left it in his tool box. The tech was in training, so the service advisor ordered another one. One week later, another trip to the dealer to pick up the part.
So probably about $8 in gas, and two hours of my time, I now have an extra battery terminal cover..
I am kinda kicking myself because I did take time to look around in the engine compartment hopping to fid the cover, but never thought to crawl under the truck.

If anyone needs a new cover, let me know, I now have n extra. Or should I keep it for the next time the truck goes to the dealer:Nonono:

Dan

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No experience from a Ram, but with my Jeep Cherokee. I went to the dealership to get the oil change and they performed their "inspection". Found a supposed $1400 in problems. I told them I'd fix it on my own. Went to an independent garage that I trust, and $250 I was done.

Here's the invoice they had given me, read the recommendations on the bottom:
DonaveeScam_zpsaa2b691d.png

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Guess what I found under the water pump wedged between the swaybar and the frame.
A big red plastic battery cap. I was under the truck, taking a lok at how hard it will be to change the oil filter, and when I looked up I saw the battery cap that started this whole thing.
The saga is that when I got the truck home after they "Cleaned the battery terminals", I notice the battery terminal cover was left off. Made a trip to the dealer in the hopes that the tech left it in his tool box. The tech was in training, so the service advisor ordered another one. One week later, another trip to the dealer to pick up the part.
So probably about $8 in gas, and two hours of my time, I now have an extra battery terminal cover..
I am kinda kicking myself because I did take time to look around in the engine compartment hopping to fid the cover, but never thought to crawl under the truck.

If anyone needs a new cover, let me know, I now have n extra. Or should I keep it for the next time the truck goes to the dealer:Nonono:

Dan

plasti dip it black.....now you have a negative cover too! (and prolly the only one as well):favorites37:

dwrd960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked my truck up after a service appointment... and wouldn't you know. The f-<kin' technician put an Obama sticker on my bumper!

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Picked my truck up after a service appointment... and wouldn't you know. The f-<kin' technician put an Obama sticker on my bumper!

I sure hope your kidding!
I would have someone's ass for doing that, no matter what the sticker was for.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No experience from a Ram, but with my Jeep Cherokee. I went to the dealership to get the oil change and they performed their "inspection". Found a supposed $1400 in problems. I told them I'd fix it on my own. Went to an independent garage that I trust, and $250 I was done.

Here's the invoice they had given me, read the recommendations on the bottom:
DonaveeScam_zpsaa2b691d.png

See that is what I hate. I don't like "flushes" as they typically cause more harm than good unless you have been flushing these things on a regular basis from the start it will almost always cause a bunch of issues. Coolant flush is probably okay but stay the hell away from my transmission with that snake oil. Flush would be okay if they do the filters too but they always try and go cheap and avoid it. I give all dealers a chance to please me by just caring about my vehicle the way I do. I will be trying out my 4th dealer next thing I go for due to moving a couple times and it is eye opening to see the differences in their styles.

$miley

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
that fluid does get tired, for lack of a better term, and should be changed,flushed,replaced.....pick which ever term pleases you the most........take it from the son of a mechanic........(posthumost birthday wishes dad)

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that fluid does get tired, for lack of a better term, and should be changed,flushed,replaced.....pick which ever term pleases you the most........take it from the son of a mechanic........(posthumost birthday wishes dad)

I think he just means "Fluid Change is OK" without a flushing/cleaning agent.
A complete fluid change to take out the dirty/weak fluid and replace it with new clean fluid is always good. Brake fluid accumulates water, and needs to be changed or it will rust your lines. Trans fluid gets gummy/varnished if old or overheated. Coolant has a limited life span for water pump protection.

Dan

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
There are some dealers that try to sell you extra "services". I always tell everyone look at your service manual. If it's not recommended in your service manual then don't buy it. And if they try to push them the I would look for another dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See that is what I hate. I don't like "flushes" as they typically cause more harm than good unless you have been flushing these things on a regular basis from the start it will almost always cause a bunch of issues. Coolant flush is probably okay but stay the hell away from my transmission with that snake oil. Flush would be okay if they do the filters too but they always try and go cheap and avoid it. I give all dealers a chance to please me by just caring about my vehicle the way I do. I will be trying out my 4th dealer next thing I go for due to moving a couple times and it is eye opening to see the differences in their styles.

$miley

The only thing I have flushed is the coolant, it was looking muddy. The transmission was rebuilt shortly after I bought it (under warranty from the dealer that I bought the Jeep from). I change the transmission fluid every 2 years, but I won't ever flush it.

The main thing that pissed me off was the extent of the work that they said needed to be done and the prices they wanted to charge me. $342 for spark plugs, cap & rotor, and wires? $168 for throttle body service? They were just trying to take advantage and screw me over, and I knew it. I feel bad for the people that they pulled this on successfully.

What I actually had done was a coolant flush, transmission service (not flush), cap & rotor, and spark plugs. Cost me about $250. The other stuff didn't need to be done.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I don't feel bad for the unsuspecting......I just hope they are the same idiots that drive slow in the passing lanes....

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't feel bad for the unsuspecting......I just hope they are the same idiots that drive slow in the passing lanes....

NOPE..they are the idiots that almost come to a complete stop in the middle of the right lane when making a right turn...WITHOUT turning their signal on.
OH..don't get me started on Calif. drivers......:roflbow:

dan

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

God I hate people that drive slow in the left lane I pass them on the right every time. I know more and more states are cracking down on that too at least Kansas is starting too. I also hate the people that go slow and when you pass them on the right they speed up but I will pass them anyway. Rant over

Sorry for Thread Hijack