if you could do it again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johniew398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really, got everything I wanted and at a great price $12k below MSRP. The only thing I didn't like was the finance manager almost called me stupid for not getting the extended warranty.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got everything I wanted. However, I think I would have enjoyed the ram boxes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amjones182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now I almost wish I would have got a CTD instead of the 6.4 just for fuel economy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not really, got everything I wanted and at a great price $12k below MSRP. The only thing I didn't like was the finance manager almost called me stupid for not getting the extended warranty.

did you almost jump across the desk to punch him in the face:favorites13:

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't do anything different. Bought the truck modded out from the dealership for less than half of what they were asking. I am only left with the small things to do. I am also glad I chose an express over the more optioned models. I have always owned the top trim level. It's nice not having all the buttons,dual controls, leather on door panels,etc. I can finally enjoy my tuck for what it is, a truck. Sometimes all of the technology takes away from the simplicity that a truck should garner.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Now I almost wish I would have got a CTD instead of the 6.4 just for fuel economy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But then fuel is more, you need exhaust fluid, all maintenance is more expensive...it evens out in the end. Plus, it's a $6k more expensive option than the 6.4, so you'd be looking at around 150k miles before you even recoup that difference, just considering the price of fuel. All the other things would prolong the point where you would break even.

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would have spent the extra 4K for a sport. Payments were on the top end of where I wanted to be though, so I'm happy with it. Sold my house and paid off the truck, so only paid on it 8 months or so. Now it's paid off with a lifetime max care warranty so I'll be keeping it a long time.
A big horn long box would have also been a good option, but hate the chrome bumpers and it would have barely fit in the garage. This one only has about 6 inches to spare, so I'd have to bump the wall to park anything longer.

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was totally happy with the whole ordeal. I wanted a 2500 bighorn CC, 4x4, 6.4L, 4.10s, black.

Got exactly what I requested, awesome price, nice experience. If I had to it to do over I would have added 8ft bed, but don't really need it so..meh. I tossed the Diesel around for a bit but I only needed a solid 10k tow rating and I only drive about 6k a year. No reason to spend an extra 10k. With what I have I'm rated at 15.5k towing so I'm happy with that. 66% of max is perfect.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ramboxes are very useful...did not even know I wanted them!
They were a deal-breaker for me, I could have had QC or CC, but I had to have Ramboxes...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It happened to me. When buying my first truck last year in September I settled for a new 2014 ram 1500 express quad. Story short I bought a loaded 2015 lonestar crew cab last month.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd have gotten the CrewCab and been a little wary of the spec'd cd player, which I likely will never, ever use. At the time locally CC's were low on stock, but available with a little wait. They even had better pricing than the Quad's. Lil'Man's 2 and loves to kick the back of the seats in the Quad Cab. Having the added space of the Crew plus the floor boxes would be nice. Maybe next truck will have them.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I was totally happy with the whole ordeal. I wanted a 2500 bighorn CC, 4x4, 6.4L, 4.10s, black.

Got exactly what I requested, awesome price, nice experience. If I had to it to do over I would have added 8ft bed, but don't really need it so..meh. I tossed the Diesel around for a bit but I only needed a solid 10k tow rating and I only drive about 6k a year. No reason to spend an extra 10k. With what I have I'm rated at 15.5k towing so I'm happy with that. 66% of max is perfect.

Let's see some pics of that thing, sounds nice.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Happy with the truck, If I get another I would go for the CC with 6.4 bed. This configuration requires a Hemi or Eco Diesel here in Canada. That would be a hard decision for me to make. I love the options on my truck and the only addition would be a sunroof.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If I could do it all over again, I never would of bought a new truck. I should've just bought a 2009 in good condition and drove it into the ground. My payment is killing me now with daycare.. Like buying food a struggle now lol

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
BUT.. If I could do it right. I would get a mid box crew cab sport 3.92's LSD, Sport Hood, blackout package, LOADED without air ride.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I would buy a white RCSB with an 8spd, with 3.92's, Ra2 5" touchscreen radio, and...Oh wait....that's what I got.....